Zendesk Sell Ideas

Help us make Base better. Share your thoughts, ideas, and feature requests with us.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Smartlist tagging

Hello,

Smart lists are great, but I want to be able to select and tag contacts from the SmartLists - just like on leads.

So I can filter - 'Emailed Viewed' and put them into a group like "LEADS WHO HAVE READ EMAILS"

Many Thanks,
    Stephen

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please, Please, Please: Mass Conversion of Contacts/Leads to Customers and Vice-Versa!!!

In other words, I filter contacts; then select all; then change from contact to customers. This is **critical** when importing, as right now, I have to manually change 134 imported contacts from "contact" to customer ONE AT A TIME. :-( Such a function would also prove helpful when you have 5 influencers and two decision-makers at a company who are all leads, and you want to add to a mailing list, but you need to make them customers first.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Archive contacts

It would be nice to better organize contacts that have gone cold. Leads you can do this by marking them as lost, but there isn't anything similar for contacts. This would greatly improve the data stored in Base.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Mass Change Status on Contacts From List View

We desperately need a way to mass change a status on contacts from list view. We import with a contact type or tag of Client, but they all import as 'None' under Customer Status and 'None' under Prospect Status. Obviously the Prospect status relates to a deal so this isn't referring to that. We would just like to be able to select multiple contact records and change the Customer status to Current or Past from a list view.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Custom Contact's Customer Status and Prospect Status

Add the ability to change the text for the Contact's Customer Status and Prospect Status? I need to change it so it makes sense to my users. So rather than say Customer, Past Customer, or Non Customer we need it to say Member, Past Member, or Non Member.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Tweet at contacts/leads through base

Just like writing an email, the ability to tweet at contact or leads through base interface.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. give us a "undelete" button

give us a undelete button or a trash can to "restore" from.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Company/Contact Addresses

Have a default setting for when company addresses are changed, it also changes the contacts automatically. At this point it has to be done manually.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Map contacts in Google Maps...

using the already existing address field.

simply map those contacts onto google maps.

Example: I'm in Atlanta, GA and planning a trip to Milpitas, CA. It would be nice to have a quick glimps at my contacts map to see what other customers are close to that location for me to schedule visits with.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. A 'person' hierarchy structure to manage variations of multiple companies/deals and to facilitate GDPR reporting

Being able to manage company and deal variations linked to a unique contact (i.c. for persons)
    Currently we have created 'duplicated person' accounts to manage deals where a person was involved when working for company A. The person moved on to another job at company B and (s)he was again involved in a new deal for company B. So, a unique person has 2 email addresses which are linked to different companies and. as a result, different deals.

Also, from a GDPR perspective being able to answering gdpr requests by pulling reports from unique contact ID/Name with all its variants…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Primary vs secondary contacts on actual deal cards

In our business, we bid a project to multiple contractors. Eventually, only one contractor will be awarded the project. I would like a way to list the "winning" contractor so that sales revenue could be attributed to them while still keeping all of the bidding contractors listed so we can track how many projects/revenue dollars we've bid to all contractors. This will help with evaluating which customers deserve more/less energy.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Bulk add tasks

You should be able to select multiple contacts and bulk add tasks, appointments and deals in the one go instead of having to go through each contact individually which is very time consuming and inefficient.

For example, just say you want to revisit 10 clients in a particular suburb on a particular date to discuss a new product, you can filter your contacts by suburb, select all of them together and bulk add an appointment/task/deal for a set date.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Contacts Birthdays- I have the solution for BASE

We are in the sales business, we "touch our past , present, and future clients" by reaching out to them with a handwritten card on their birthday.

As of now, in BASE CRM, my new contact Mike Jones , I can create a custom field for his birthday and a reminder to send him a card on October 1st, but I would have to create that reminder every year, which defeats the point.

Why not make the birthday field an actual field? I want to put Mikes birthday in as October 1st and never have to think about it again.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Custom Unique Field

It will be nice to create custom fields with unique feature. Almost every country has some kind of tax unique code, that could be a very good data to avoid duplicate cusotmers records. It will be nice to enter a custom error message if the customer or contact cannot be added by a unique field violation.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Local time plugin

After using Base for quite some time in Europe, I have started using it for the USA as well. Right now, I check online a lot what the current time is at the location I am contacting, and I would love for the contact and deal cards to have a little clock on the side of the screen, maybe like bottom left, indicating the time at the contact's address. I think it would be relatively easy to implement and really helpful. Thanks for considering this suggestion.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Ability to Bulk Change Prospect Status Or Customer Status

We import our clients users regularly, sometimes at different stage and there can be a large number of them.

I want to be able to change a Prospect or Customer Status in Bulk by selecting those I want to change, then changing one and a pop up will come up asking I would like to apply the change to all those I have selected. Click yes or no.
    Thanks.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Use Google for Auto-Complete on Addresses and Info for Companies

Google already has a ton of information, including addresses, phone numbers, websites, accurate spelling, etc. Please add an auto-complete functionality when adding and editing contacts and leads.

Other CRMs are already doing this and I hope Zendesk follows with this amazingly helpful connection. Speeds up the process!

Thank you!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Ignore extra spaces when filtering contacts on State/City

When filtering contacts by State or City, it would be helpful if your filtering algorithm trimmed any leading/trailing spaces from State/City fields.

We've imported a large lits of contacts from various sources and sometimes State or City names have a leading or trailing space which makes it harder to filter by.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Primary Company Contact (Default Email Recipient)

Enable the option for a primary contact at a company.

The companies 'email' address field is redundant. Using the system correctly, any human at the company has their own contact card and as such, the company email address is never correctly targeted.

This means that when filtering the contact list by company filters (such as industry, revenue or last contact with the company) we cannot select relevant companies and batch email them.

Instead, we have to copy out the list and then manually determine who is the primary contact at each company before manually mailing them one at a time.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Sort contacts by revenue

We need to be able to sort our contact list by 'revenue' to make sure that we're keeping in constant contact with our best customers.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base