How can we improve Sell?

Relationship linking - link contacts to build networks

Any CRM should allow you to link people/contacts. For example, your client Mr X was referred by Mr Y and is also advised by Mr A in another capacity. This should also be reportabel.

71 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Alex shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the only reason I am looking to leave Base. This idea is posted SEVERAL times under different headings because we all call it something different, I have seen it posted as "Marry Clients", as "Link Clients" etc., all with the same intention. There just needs to be a way to add a relationship. Under John Williams, I add a relationship of "Spouse" and select "Mary Williams" as Spouse, and it shows on both sides. I add "Tom Williams" as "Referred by" to "John Williams" and add "Jennifer Williams" as "Child" of Mary Williams and John Williams. It's common in every CRM. I would have left a few months ago, but the only feature that kept me was the call logging and pop up at the end of the conversation on my Samsung galaxy phone.

This would REALLY be a great help for the insurance industry as most of our clients are husband and wife. We have considered switching back to our old CRM because of this feature. Our old CRM had "relationship", and you could link all clients such as "Brother/Sister", "Spouse", "Referrer", "Child", or custom relationship fields. Currently we have been putting this information in the notes, but it's really nice to see a name in the relationship field and say "Thanks for Referring Jack" or "I spoke to your sister the other day". Definitely the feature I miss the most.

• Bruce Hrenyo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An option for Base CRM to add this functionality, is to allow the end-user to create custom Company Account fields based on other fields in Base CRM. For example, it would be great to create a custom field called Parent (for Parent/ Child type relationships) or Associate or whatever you would like to call it, then that field would linked to Company field. Similar to, when adding a contact, and you want to add a company to that contact, the Company field does a look-up of the Companies in Base CRM.

Using this feature, we can build as many relationships as we wish.

We try to track and incentivise our existing relationships for referrals, so being able to link referring partners to deals or leads or just relationships, would be extremely valuable. In addition, showing the reciprocal link - who referred this person? or this deal? etc...

I work with contractors that have subs they always use. The ability to link contacts would make managing a project with multiple subs easier.

• Jack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely necessary. There is also at least one other enhancement request on the same subject with the title "Link contacts" which has 19 votes.

Somehow seeing the trail of relationships on any given person (lead, contact, deal, etc.) at a glance would be big timesaver so scrolling through notes wouldn't be necessary.

• BH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That would be really nice. Furthermore it would be great, especially for us in the real estate industry, when there ist the possibility to link contacts to a deal by given them a special role (for example: potencial buyer, surveyors, Bank employees, custodian and many more).

Feedback and Knowledge Base