How can we improve Sell?

Spreadsheet view of database for Admins

I find there are times when I'd like to be able to do bulk editing on the database. This is easiest to do in spreadsheet view with filtering, sorting, etc...The only way to do this is to export, make the adjustments, then re-import. The problem is re-importing creates contact duplicates. You can merge of course, but then it screws with the custom Tags I've created. Exporting, creates CSV files for your database. It would be great to access a pseudo "CSV view" (perhaps for Admins only) to be able to make bulk changes to contacts easily.

87 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Adam Go shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
completed  ·  Adminsupport-team (Admin, Base CRM) responded  · 

This functionality is now avaliable with our Smart Lists functionality. With regards to batch editing this is something we are looking to introduce in the coming months and this request currently exists on an alternate UserVoice post.

If you do have any questions, please feel free to reach out to support@getbase.com.

Regards,

Base Support

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, this is BASIC DATABASE MANAGEMENT. With so many other professional, useful features in this cloud-based CRM, I find it absolutely incredible that something so basic as this was not a feature from the beginning! Not a day goes by that I don't think of going back to ZOHO because of this lack of basic functionality. The other thing is a search for and merge duplicates... another thing every other world class, or world class pretender CRM has. Come on!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree. I just posted something in the Community asking if there is a way to do this. I really need to do some major clean-up of my Contacts and doing it in a spreadsheet would save me HOURS of time.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree. Would be really useful to be able to skim through contacts and tick a box to label assign them as a client, prospect, or colleague.

• Jean-David Bar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree! Moreover when you merge contacts the whole page is reloaded so I spend a lot of time doing it.
    I chose Base on Pipedrive for some great features you have, and I enjoy it. However, they have this spreadsheet view I'd really really like to have on Base because it makes it easier for mass updating when you have a lot of contacts: http://support.pipedrive.com/customer/portal/articles/434748-bulk-edit-and-inline-edit-in-pipedrive

Feedback and Knowledge Base