How can we improve Sell?

Reminder on deals that need attention when i log in!

When i log in now, on overview page, i see the things me and myc colleagues have done. Great. BUT, it would be more interesting to see what we haven't done. For example put a red star on all deals that haven't been updated for a week!

718 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anders Hallin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

19 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Sebastian Vibe-Petersen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think you should also include a Smart List selection filter, that does not filter deals looking at communication - but deals that have been added to the system and has not been updated at all. (changed deal stage, put in a comment etc.)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For a really great example of this see RelateIQ.
    Would love to see the intelligent recommendations and smart fields from RelateIQ in Base.

That's similar to one of my posts.. When looking at tasks it only focuses on the future 7 days, it takes time scrolling through the past to see who has or hasn't done what!

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to see this taken a step further with a dashboard created using a range of modules that the user can select from. This way, every user could select the things that are most important for them to see on a regular basis, providing a highly personalised and extremely relevant dashboard for every user.

I miss this feature also, to see which contacts had last e-mail contact or phone contact activity. So you can sort out a contact strategy. For follow up. Combined with due dates, aging and sorting on value and stage these are critical features.

• Jae commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pipedrive has a very easy to read dashboard when you log in giving a very quick overview of where all your deals are at and use a sort of traffic light system to view what you need to work on straight away. I'm not sure Base dashboard timeline works for me, think I'd prefer top see homepage similar to Pipedrive.

Some CRM's as Nimble or Insightly, let us see a view of '# days of last contact', so we can track if we need to contact the deal. Others, use a 'next action' for a deal, or recurrrent contact periods.

Would be great tracking those leads or contacts we haven't done any action with.

• Zoltán Lehóczky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Related idea would be to notify you if there is a reply needed: either you sent a contact an e-mail and they haven't replied yet (and that probably means you have to follow-up again) or you got an e-mail but forgot to reply.

• Nikolay Dzhurov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree with all comments. I'm sure our friends and Base will find a great way to implement that feature in the coming months. Quite often we miss following up on deal options on time and quite often this proves to be crucial

• Daniel Helsten commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be really slick if Base could automatically score contacts activity level as a proxy for theri interest. Then set up more frequent reminders if an activity has not been logged in a while based on the score.

It scoring could be rather simple since base already tracks so many interactions. For example an unsolicited inbound phone call would bump a contact from starting score of zero to +10. An inbound email would be +7. A reply to a personal email would be +3. A meeting would be +15. You could also input a clear "no" from the contact for a -10.

The contacts score would atrophy automatically over time if there is no activity.

You'd get more reminders to connect the contacts with the highest scores. This way my sales people would stay engaged with the people we are already most engaged with and also recognize new prospects that are showing strong interest. All without thinking too much.

Eventually base analyse which activities have the strongest correlation with closed sales and the scoring algorithm can automatically adjusted so that base has some intelligence and tell me who I should call first at the beginning of my busy day.

• Per Forsberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, totaly agree! The most important function and the one reason that I think I need to start use a CRM tool is that I need reminders on contacts/companies that I haven´t been in contact with for X month. Please add this function soon!

• Felipe Reyes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Despite the reps should not leave any deal unattended and loss of deals for that reason should be grounds for dismissal, if they would get warnings they would get additional focus when planning the week ahead. How would you help this idea out?

• Fred Seng commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How about a clean, simple, fast way to see the DATE OF MOST RECENT ACTIVITY for each deal. Let users customize what point in time the dates turn red (ie., at 1 week, at 2 weeks, at 3 days, etc.)

Maybe what would help here would be some more powerful filters, e.g sorting all company contacts where there has been no contact with an employee for >3 months or something?

One way I have been overcoming this is just assigning a task to a contact for 3 months down the track, when that time comes I just push the task out. my task list is getting big but i'm hoping I generally don't forget anyone

• Jamon Holmgren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is extremely important. In fact, if this isn't addressed I'm not sure I'll be able to use Base CRM.

I had built an in-house system which included a simple but vital field: "Next Contact Date" (a required field). It sorts the deals by that date and highlights the ones that are past due or today. That's all we really need.

• Martin Harvey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree - this is where money hides - the analysis field exists for the reason for not getting a sale "inadequate follow up" (or something like that) - leaving a prospect to gather dust surely slows down a potential sale as well ?

Exactly! This is the major flaw in Base. The best solution would be to allow the deals to be sorted by a Last Updated field on the Sales view.

• George Reschke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would agree. In addition, the ability to search for deals that have had no attention for a specified period of time.

Feedback and Knowledge Base