How can we improve Sell?

Associate Percent Likelihood of Closing with Deal Stages

Then the pipleline value report can be more accurate of what you're likely to actually close.

74 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Chris shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
completed  ·  Szymon responded  · 

Hello,

Few days ago we have introduced pur new Forecasting feature. You can now specify estimated closing date and percent likelihood of closing deal. You can read more about this new, great feature here http://goo.gl/7hvOn

Regards,
Base CRM Team

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Benji Kayne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The forecasting feature doesn't seem to work, and it's because of a bug when you change the expected close date. It freezes the probability of closing wherever it is when you manually change the date. Once this is fixed, these reports would be helpful!

• Michael Roberts commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this is a good feature, but not sure I'd want to pay an extra 30/user for it. Maybe I'll just add some custom fields myself.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. Being able to create a weighted sales pipe for the trading twelve months, or calendar year would be really helpful.

• Kai Roer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What is currently stopping us for adopting Base, is the lack of a deal likelyhood percentage, combined with estimated deal close date.

Our sales cycles can be up to 2 years. A deal I register today, will have the total deal value ONLY if we close the deal. Say that we only close 1 out of 10 (10%) of the deals we register in the first stage. That means that the total deal value of that deal is only 10% of the full deal value. When we send a quote, we may see a close rate of 75%, which means that the deal value now is 75%. Only when the contract is signed and billed, will the deal value be 100%.
    And - I would like to be able to adjust the values myself (the depend on company&industry), or possibly they could be automatically calculated based on the history of the pipeline.

I also would need the have expected close date (min. month/year) on each deal, and to be able to run reports calculating the pipeline value - per month (say what will be the pipeline value in Aug. 2012), and over a periode of time (say the next six months accumulated).

• Matt Pickering commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is pretty much the only roadblock for us adopting Base across the company. Beautifully simple system otehrwise.

Also the ability to have a estimated range in the deal value field (see other post for details)

• Garry MacPhail commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The percentage liklihood should also be linked to a month. As a pipeline of sales we need to determine by running a report what sales are in the 75% - 100% for any given month we nominate.

Feedback and Knowledge Base