How can we improve Sell?

Should emphasize the customer name rather than the title

You can see in this screenshot (https://img.skitch.com/20110710-jacdqt5i32125trty1eckqu9pn.png) that the view is really monotonous because we're essentially selling the same kind of deals ("Boost Campaign") to multiple partners. Since it's a Sales/CRM tool, it would make sense UI-wise to make the client name (black out here for privacy reasons) larger and in color rather than the name of the sale. Would be easier to track that way (since I'm always looking for the name of the client rather than some artificial name for the sale).

42 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jonathan Libov shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jay Thaker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

very valuable feedback by Jonathan. Even I've faced this problem and we figured out a way around it by simply naming the deal in this format

[deal name - prospect name - deal type]

• AdminSzymon (UX Guard, Base CRM) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Martin,

Thanks for your feedback. We are now working on some UI improvements. One idea we have is to use smart tags ( with autocomplete option) to make easier to set a correct tag name for specific item. What do you think?

• Martin Nielsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

We have many different products. We can not decide if the product scope or the customer name should be the title of the deal. It would be great to be able to create a product cataluge to PJ so that it could be indicated what prodcut and how many a specific deal is about.
    We trying to use Tags for this, but at each sales person types in the product names slightly different, it is not usable in report.

Feedback and Knowledge Base