Zendesk Sell Ideas

Help us make Base better. Share your thoughts, ideas, and feature requests with us.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Access smart links while using mobile app

Why can't we access smart links while using any mobile app? Great feature but is only limited to website.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  iOS Mobile Application  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Have The Ability To Make Fields Mandatory

Both built in and custom fields should have the ability to be set as mandatory - meaning the record can't be saved without it being completed.

248 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Interface improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Improve notes/texts formatting

Within the past week you added a function to edit notes/texts but the formatting is all messed up now. Everything seems to be single spaced and you can't break up your notes properly so it just appears as one massive block of text. Even if I try and separate my notes using 'enter' to break it into paragraphs it gets reverted back to single spacing automatically when the note is saved. Is there a way to go back to the old format from a week ago?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make the front dashboard customizable.

Enable the user to customize the front dashboard.

104 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  6 comments  ·  Interface improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Option to upload a picture for contacts

Some contacts do not have a Twitter or Gravatar account. It would be nice to be able to upload a picture for contacts as well.

698 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    76 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Rafal Ociepa responded

Hi all,

Thanks for all your votes and feedback!
    I’m happy to say you can now put a face to the name – we’re automatically pulling photos from the social media profiles you provide for your contacts (i.e. Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Skype).
    You can read more about this on our blog at http://blog.getbase.com/add-a-face-to-the-name-base-avatars.
    I’ve also opened a new idea for the option to upload a file, to let us track support for that specific suggestion – http://futuresimple.uservoice.com/forums/109313-base-ideas/suggestions/6038701.

Thanks, and all the best,

6. Multi-language version/localization

It Would be great to have a french or multi-language version. Base is very helpfull!

359 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    60 comments  ·  Interface improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  mark.stagi responded

Great news everyone! We now have Base available in the following Languages:

Polish
    French
    Spanish
    Dutch
    Portuguese

More languages to come soon, please follow our blog for updates at:
    http://blog.getbase.com

7. Tag Functionality for Custom Fields

Could you give custom fields tag functionality so that advanced searches using multiple criteria can be carried out? For example, if I want to search all 'legal' companies (within my industry field) who have 'onsite' storage (in my requirement field) it narrows down the results by these criteria. This is only function that is preventing us running this across our entire sales department. Thanks

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  CRM related ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Change owner of a contact

Ability to change the owner of a contact

134 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please re-allow us to right click 'open in new tab' on the contacts/leads in the top right search bar

Up until yesterday the 1st of February we were able to right click contacts in the top right search bar section, enabling us to multi task on base quite easily.

When logging on today we have seen that you can no longer open leads up in a new tab from the top right search bar.

Please amend this.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Forward emails to Base using Google Apps

Send an email straight into Base from Google by clicking a button "add message to deal" in the Google App

90 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Email  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Today we released an update for the Base Google App. It now includes a button that forwards emails to your Base account. You can learn more about this update here: https://getbase.com/blog/base-for-google-apps-update

I’d like to thank everyone who took the time to vote and provide feedback for this feature. I hope you enjoy the new Google App. Please do not forget to rate the app if you find it helpful.

Thanks,
    Josh

11. add a contact

When adding contacts from the "untracked emails" area, it imputs the last name with a comma in the first name box. Please see if having the first name input in the first name box and the last name input in the last name box.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  mark.stagi responded

Hello Courtney,

We tested this out and it should work correctly, pulling in the first name into the First name field and the last name from the email into the last name field.

Can you try another one and let us know if you are still running into any issues. If you need any further help just send us an email at support@getbase.com

Thanks
    Mark

12. Include attachments in emails

I'd like for the emails I BCC to my dropbox to include the attachments. I often send an SOW or proposal doc to a prospect/client and I'd like to be able to reference that in the contact info.

65 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Email  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. sync with Android contacts

It's a pity that the Android Base App, which for the rest is great, doesn't have the option to sync contacts to the address book.
    The problem with contacts not being there is that I don't know who is calling me bcs I see only the number.

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Android Application  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow multiple e-mails per contact

Many of my contacts use more than one e-mail address interchangeably. Base doesn't allow adding multiple e-mail addresses to one contact. One workaround that was suggested here was to add it as a custom field. However, this will not display e-mail correspondence with that e-mail address on the contact page/profile.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Email  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there!

The emails from the emails in these custom fields should absolutely sync over. As long as the custom field type is Email Address, emails to and from that address should sync over. If it is not, can you please reach out to support@getbase.com and we can help further troubleshoot?

Thanks!
    Jo-Anne

15. Be able to search within Radius on maps on mobile

Currently you can search by location for leads and contacts, but if they have a suburb or neighborhood as the address, maps sometimes won't pick it up (locality might be different on maps). Instead, have the functionality to search within a certain radius so whenever we are visiting a certain location, we can see all the leads that are nearby regardless of how their address is inputted.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Interface improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Change my base calling number

Hi, Would I be able to change my base phone number?
    Thanks

Raju

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Voice  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Cell Phone Carrier Integration for Automatic Call Logging

Offer integration with phone carriers (e.g. Verizon, ATT, etc.) to display all calls to and from an account regardless of if they were made through the app. This was a feature offered by a CRM that I switched from and is the only reason I am still paying for two CRM systems.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Should emphasize the customer name rather than the title

You can see in this screenshot (https://img.skitch.com/20110710-jacdqt5i32125trty1eckqu9pn.png) that the view is really monotonous because we're essentially selling the same kind of deals ("Boost Campaign") to multiple partners. Since it's a Sales/CRM tool, it would make sense UI-wise to make the client name (black out here for privacy reasons) larger and in color rather than the name of the sale. Would be easier to track that way (since I'm always looking for the name of the client rather than some artificial name for the sale).

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Smart list bulk edit

Bulk edit on smart lists. Smart lists are great to sort, filter and show information not visible in regular list view (f.i tags). But bulk edit (like manage tags) has to be done one by one.

306 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    47 comments  ·  Interface improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow contacts to have multiple emails they send and receive from and track them all in ONE CONTACT | Custom Field not solution, not syncing

Many customers have email aliases or person emails they use to ineract with me. Agile CRM has this capability, please look how they do it. The Custom Field for Email 2 or Second Email or whatever we choose to call it is not a syncing field for emails, thus not very helpful.

Allow contacts to have multiple emails they send and receive from and track them all in ONE CONTACT | Custom Field not solution, not syncing

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there!

The emails from the emails in these custom fields should absolutely sync over. As long as the custom field type is Email Address, emails to and from that address should sync over. If it is not, can you please reach out to support@getbase.com and we can help further troubleshoot?

Thanks!
    Jo-Anne

← Previous 1 3 4 5 35 36
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base