Zendesk Sell Ideas

Help us make Base better. Share your thoughts, ideas, and feature requests with us.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create lists by field ..

I routinely send marketing materials or blitz call specific verticals. By enabling filtering by vertical, or whatever field I choose, I will be able to simply extract the companies and contacts relevant to my initiative.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Automated tasks should include the ability to add tasks based on....

....tagging or mailchimp list adds.

For example when I add a contact, sure there are some standard tasks based on a standard approach, but say I tag someone a sales guy or a marketing guy or a tech guy or a designer, I want to be able to customize an approach based on their role or tag.

This goes the same with MailChimp. Perhaps when I tag someone with a designation like 'designer' I want them automatically added to a mailing list. That is an automated task and I'd love to see that either done automagically or facilitated within the…

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add VAT field

In Sweden, all persons and companies (including temporary persons) got unique personal identification numbers and they're used in all systems like insurance companies, tax system, health care, deals, etc, and I need to keep track of them for invoices etc.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Sales Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. One email dropbox address ( rather then a different one for each deal)

a generic email dropbox address to add notes : I'm always on the go. And i use base mainly on my mobile rather then a proper PC. I do need to add many emails to the deals on the go from my mobile. But its impossible for me to keep track of all the specific email addresses for each separate deal.
    So would be great if I had one "incoming dropbox" email address that I can forward emails, notes.
    Then when I have the time, I can sort that inbox. I can move emails to relevant deals.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Email  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Filtering deals with no forecasting/source info

If a deal is added in a hurry (and on iOS where forecasting can't be added), it is a real pain trying to find deals with missing fields (like forecasting data and sources). At the moment, unless there is a way I don't know about, I have to look at each one individually to find the deals with any missing info that can corrupt the statistics for most of the reports.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add functionality to visibly FLAG, CHANGE COLOUR or CHECKBOX each contact on the Main Contacts Page List

Lets say you have 100 contacts and you want to call them.
    Q: How do you keep track of who to call next on your list of Contacts and how do you know from a glance who you have called already?
    ANSWER: A simple FLAG or CHECKBOX on the Main Contacts Page (Or ability to CHANGE CONTACT COLOUR would be EVEN BETTER) would make your calling schedule far easier and more organised - without having to go into every contact one by one to read notes as to whether you have made contact or not.
    This simple improvement would make…

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Interface improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Email Contacts From Stages

It shouldn't be hard to do, but have the ability to bulk email (the clients that have emails) customers from a particular stage. So for all of your WON clients, you can email them thanking them for 2012 business.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Calendar view when adding a task due date

It would be nice to have a calendar view on the Android app when assigning a due date

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Manually reorder tasks in iOS apps

We need to be able to manually reorder tasks by dragging and dropping them for maximum, intuitive usability (like in Things app for iOS).

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  iOS Mobile Application  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. add back the ability to see all latest activity, including BCC'd emails

In the old design, I could see all of the activity in Base across my company, including things like the emails being attached to records in the system. It would be great to return this feature. It would be almost like the Facebook Ticker, but useful!

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Automatic contact mergers

Please, make it possible to merge contacts automatic (using one button) just to make rid of duplicate contacts. Now We need to marge contact by contact

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add button for synchronizing Google contacts

I often realize that I cannot add contact from Google to newly created task, because the contact doesn't have a phone number. I add phone number in Gmail, but I have to wait for automatic synchronization to occur. Simple "synchronize"/"refresh" button would solve the problem.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Different Deal Types (and different automation templates)

There are a few different types of deals we have and it would be useful to have either different automation templates or perhaps different deal types.

72 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Sales Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Report on Tasks Completed

G'day. Loving this so far. When I assign tasks to my Sales Reps I'd like to be able to produce a report on who completed their tasks successfully and how many tasks (i.e. a %) were completed over a period.

other than that, GREAT!

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Have it count how many phone calls and emails have been made...

It would be really great if, as Base already logs calls/emails, it then actually counted phone calls/emails made/received.

And then if it could recognise the calls made at different stages of deals. Here's why.

It would be great to go into reports, and see how many phone calls/emails are necessary on average to take a deal to the next stage, or even how many calls/emails are necessary to win a deal.

This would then give you valuable data such as how much each phone call/email is worth to you, monetarily - overall, and broken-down, stage-by-stage.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  Rafal Ociepa responded

Hi,
    You can already view the number of calls made using the Call Count report (http://glurl.co/d6W). We continue to work on expanding the reports center, so just give us time, and those updates will be there.
    You can visit our blog (blog.getbase.com) to keep up to date with all new features.

Thanks for your suggestions!

All the best,

17. Import tasks to Base via CSV file

The ability to import a csv file and have the tasks added to Base - the same way notes are imported and attached to contacts.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow tags to be added to Notes

Please consider adding tags to Notes and the ability to search all Notes by tag.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Lead distribution

I would like to be able to upload leads as the administrator and keep those contacts private to me, and distribute to each memeber of my sales floor. Where they see only their leads and cannot see the whole rolodex of contacts. Just strong administrator tools that can sub categorize Leads to my sales guys would be great.

Other than that Base is great.

Thank you guys

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Leads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make tags editable and easily referenced for present and future contacts

Say for example I have 250 contacts in base that I'm regularly working with and I have attached various tags related to the contacts like (envelopes ) to 50 of those contacts. The ability to make an edit that would translate over to all contacts affiliated with that tag I believe would be a nice improvement. (envelopes - Envelopes)

Finally have the ability to click and choose from a list of previously created tags to associate with your contact instead of having to always type it out manually.

These are my ideas for interface improvements.

130 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  9 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base