Zendesk Sell Ideas

Help us make Base better. Share your thoughts, ideas, and feature requests with us.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. LEADS DUPLICATE CHECK

A function in settings that allows all leads duplicates to be viewed with basic info and an option to delete or merge.

like this:
    [merge button]

JOHN SMITH 0400 111 222 [delete button] [check box]
    JOHN SMITH 0400 111 333 [delete button] [check box]
    JOHN SMITH 0400 111 333 [delete button] [check box]

Possibly a contacts duplicates suggestion as well, just incase a lead has been converted already.

312 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    22 comments  ·  Leads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Victor Black responded

Duplicates can definitely be a pain. We’re currently looking into creating a de-duplication tool for Base that will cover Leads and Contacts. More information to come.

2. Build out company lead and company hierarchy visually on the overview page

Use the same module for having different user accounts for Base and apply that to visually creating the hierarchy of a company you are pursuing. This would make it possible to see who is in charge of who and in what department. It's important to have a whole list of leads for larger companies. It would also be important to have different notes for each lead per company.

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Leads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please don't require a last name for a new lead

I know it is possible to create a lead from the iPhone app and not have a last name, but the web version doesn't allow you to save the lead unless you enter one. Sometimes, when you're out in the field, all you get for a "lead" is a first name, company, and phone number or email address. To require a last name is frustrating.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Leads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Companies in Leads

Currently if I have 10 leads all from he same company and I want to see them together I would have to create a smart list and then filter by company. Even then you can't actually click on the company to take notes on who you called or spoke to within it (or even just to see all the members in one group). It would be a nice and seemingly easy feature to implement having companies in leads just like there are in Contacts.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Lead distribution

I would like to be able to upload leads as the administrator and keep those contacts private to me, and distribute to each memeber of my sales floor. Where they see only their leads and cannot see the whole rolodex of contacts. Just strong administrator tools that can sub categorize Leads to my sales guys would be great.

Other than that Base is great.

Thank you guys

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Leads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ability to search/sort Leads and Contacts via company/organization

I can sort Leads by first name, last name, date added, and last activity date but I can't sort by company/organization.

Also, searching should be improved to feature an advanced search where you can control more variables. Searching Leads currently only allows you to find first names and last names when it could search more than that.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Leads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Custom email drip campaign with customizable email templates and custom delivery dates and times

Base team,

Your CRM is awesome!
    I am not sure how hard it would be to add a custom email drip campaign with customizable email templates and custom delivery dates and times but i know it would greatly help close more deals, increase sales and revenue for all users once set up. Plus it would attract more users to Base! Many in sales are leveraging multiple marketing aplications. Why use more than one platform? Work smarter not harder! My idea would supplement the current email checkbox. Except the check box would have a drop down with a selectable email workflow.…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow Deals to be connected to a lead

Often I don't consider a lead a contact until I have closed my first deal with them. It would be great if you could have leads associated to deals.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Filter based on call count and call outcome

We need a way of filtering of creating a smartlists for Leads based on how many calls have been made and based on call outcome. This would be very useful and would essentially create 'active states' to avoid exhausting Lead statuses.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Lead Distribution

Is there a better way to distribute leads to a team? I find myself having to select by "letter" or "State" which works OK, but I can't imagine the nightmare of having to do that with a team of 10 reps. Let's say we have 5,000 leads from a particular source that I wish to distro out to 10 reps @ quantity: 500 and I want to just do it randomly from the source bucket. Is there a way to do this? It seems the only current way would be to either "select all" which would do all 5,000 and…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Leads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Show lead and lead activity on company record

It would be so helpful to be able to go to a company page and see all the contacts AND leads and the associated activity on the same page. We often have people who fill out a form on our website which means that they automatically become a lead even though they are already a current client or active prospect. This then creates a duplicate record for the person (since they were already a contact) and then the activity on the lead doesn't even show up on the company record so you might not even realize that this duplication is…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. ADD MORE ACTIONS TO SMART LIST

It would be so much more useful if the smart list could actually do things other other than be a list. For example, send an email to all people in smart list, edit tags/status of all people in smart list, etc..

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Filter by email

There is an option to filter by phone number but not on the email in leads It would be easy to filter by emails to change the lead status in bulk. Nice to have this option.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Automatically detect if an inbound lead (which for my part are added automatically) is an already existing contact or lead

Automatically detect if an inbound lead (which for my part are added automatically) is an already existing contact or lead

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Not Tag Filter

Would be super useful (and fairly easy to do) if you could show leads that DON'T have a certain tag.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Link Leads by Company like in Contacts

It would be great to be able to link together leads by company the same way it's done on the contacts dashboard.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Scrolling Bug - won't load leads

If I have a long list of leads in the leads view and scroll down it doesn't load the next set and I have to refresh the whole window then scroll down.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Color Code Leads

I would love the option to quickly look at a list of leads and have the leads im working already in one color, the leads that I have not reached out to in one color etc. this would be super helpful to me!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add +Lead and +Contact icon to Widget

I'd love the ability to add Leads and Contacts quickly from the current widget. It's way to cumbersome to do this today.

It would also be very nice to be able to have a simplified contacts form that you can actually show your contact in case you have problem with spelling etc.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)