Zendesk Sell Ideas

Help us make Base better. Share your thoughts, ideas, and feature requests with us.

How can we improve Sell?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Calendar Feature

Ability to see a full calendar in Base, day, week, month view so I dont have to keep opening Google to see my schedule when scheduling tasks, follow ups and meetings.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Interface improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add "copy BCC email to clipboard" feature within iPad app

Right now, you need to open Base in a browser in order to grab the BCC email for a deal. Would be great to have this available in the iPad app.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Interface improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Rafal Ociepa responded

Hi Chris,

When you tap a contact’s email in our iOS app, the new email screen that shows up should have the BCC field already populated with the contacts’ BCC address.

Hope this helps, and thanks for your feedback!
    Best wishes,
    Raf

3. Filter Deals by Source

We have a team approach to acquiring deals. As such, while i am the owner of the deal because I am the one brokering the deal, I'd like to be able to see a list of deals generated by one Source (in this case each person on the team would be one of the sources) instead of having to tag each deal with the name of the team member (again) when I have already assigned that team member as the source of the deal.

Besides, it will probably be useful for other users to see that info as well, to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Interface improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Seach bar needs to seach everything

I'm trying to filter or bring up a list of my leads by city, but I can't find a way. I'm new, so maybe I'm just not doing it right,

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Field for home phone number

I work with residential people so I need a home number field not just mobile or work.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Interface improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. customize fields

Add the ability to customize fields, headers and tab names like salesforce, vtiger etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Turn off email tracking for certain contacts

We sync our contacts with Google apps and our phones. As a result, everyone in our company is a Base contact and I'm too lazy to figure out a way to keep this from happening across everyone's phone and email account.

I need to be able to either turn off email tracking for certain contacts, or at the very least keep certain contacts from appearing in my actionable items. The top 7 slots are always filled with internal contacts and it's distracting.

Al

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. call log to specify which phone number that was called

If you have multiple phone numbers for a contact or lead it's difficult to see which specific number you called before. Would be great to know, especially for leads were you might have several numbers but you don't know exactly which one is correct

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Lead Name

Right now a lead is assigned to customer name. Problem with that is I work for property manager's etc. Some of my contacts I might have 4 or 5 projects i'm bidding at the same time. I think it would be better if you could name the lead like "Greenwood Apartments" and it show up like that in my lead list.

I just started using this and so far I really like it. There might be a way to do this already I'm not sure.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Josh,

You can absolutely edit the names of existing deals (or leads) once they are created, either using the Edit button in the lead’s/deal’s page, or using the green pencil icon while in the list.

Hope this helps!

10. Export specific contact information

I would like to be able to export certain fields from contacts, not just in one csv. It would come in handy to view who is missing certain contact information. (ex: Export contacts with just their Email Address fields)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    You can use a spreadsheet editor to sort and filter the contents of the files exported from Base – including sorting by specific columns, such as Email Address, or any other field.
    Hope this helps, and thanks for your feedback!

11. Better parsing of LinkedIn links for the Contacts pane

LinkedIn has multiple kinds of links, unfortunately.

Today, I faced a contact where (at the left edge of the screen) it simply said 'ba8 linkedin'. I wondered for the 'ba8' but it turns out the link worked. Leads to him: https://www.linkedin.com/pub/vesa-henttonen/7/533/ba8

A better thing to show me would be "vesa-henttonen/7/533/ba8" or just "vesa-henttonen". Don't know.

Keep an eye on this. The 'ba8' surely is a bad choice (comes from the other LinkedIn link types, where it completely makes sense, s.a. my own 'http://fi.linkedin.com/in/akauppi/').

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We now display a LinkedIn button, rather than the link. We like to think that’s an elegant solution :)
    Thanks!

12. Narrow down searches using multiple Tags.

I am in the personal financial services industry and we caterigorize are deal according to multiple criteria. For example, when look at a potential case we want to know: What profession is this person in? What is potential for it to bring in a lot of revenue? We love using Tags for this purpose. We Tag the deal with the individual's profession and we use a numerical tier system to be able to indicate whether the deal will be a large revenue producer, average producer, or low producer (Tier 1 - Tier 3). We would like to have the abilty…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Filtering using multiple tags narrows the list to contacts that have all the selected tags assigned.
    Thanks for your feedback!
    Best,
    Raf

13. More / New Currencies

Hi,

Are the currencies taken from a global toplist? I live in Guyana and use the Guyana Dollar (GYD - $), I was wondering how difficult it would be for you to add that currency, or at least make a generic dollar currency if possible.

Thank you for your time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Interface improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    Thanks for your suggestion!
    We’re adding currencies as necessary, and I’m happy to say we’ve just added the Guyanese dollar.

All the best,

14. What happens after I send a mail

I love the email integration in BaseCRM.

However, when I have sent a mail from BaseCRM (web UI), it provides me with a green banner saying the mail was sent, and *another* form for writing mail to the same recipient.

This isn't the optimal UI. It still makes me feel that the email didn't leave, and was in fact lost (since quite a few web sites sometimes behave like this, and the dread seems to manifest itself strongly in my backbone).

A better "landing page" after sending the email could simply have that green banner (sans the form). What I'm…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We now provide more robust email delivery statuses.

15. Need to be able to sort leads by Status

If I could sort by status I could see which group of leads needs to be followed up with in the same way and could make it easier to do all at once. Similar to sorting the deals by Stage. Would be very helpfull!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Person title dissapeared

Since the new (and improved!) layout of the "Associated Contacts" in the overview screen of a deal, the title of a person isn't displayed any more. This was a handy thing to see what function any associated person had in a deal. Is there a good reason this got lost or simply a glitch?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve now added the title to the new layout.
    Thanks,
    Raf

17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Sort ascending and descending

It's relatively easy to manage deals via the pipeline, but it's become a total disaster trying to manage leads. One super quick win that would be huge for me would be to allow me to sort the leads list in ascending OR descending order.

As an example use case, I'd love to be able to use the sort dropdown >> choose "date added" >> descending to sort with the most recently added at the top of the page as opposed to the bottom.

To see a list of the most recently added leads today, I have to scroll to the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Austin,

I’m happy to say that’s already available. You can choose the sorting order right next to the “sort by” dropdown (http://take.ms/y9zvG).

Thanks for your feedback, and best wishes,

19. Allow mouseless workflows

Please improve usability by enabling consistent use of keyboard shortcuts. A negative example is the Modify Task Popup. After toggling through the data fields modifying, one cannot Save and Exit the dialog without using the mouse. Sad.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. more phone options

As it is now, there are only two areas to enter a contacts phone numbers (mobile and work). The majority of contacts have at least three phone numbers - Although you can add Fax at the bottom, there is no way to customize a contact for additional phone numbers.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    you can use our Custom Fields to include any additional information you need – including phone numbers, email addresses, etc.
    One way to do it is the “Add Field” option at the bottom of a contact’s Edit screen.
    This article is a more in-depth description of the feature:http://support.futuresimple.com/customer/portal/articles/744671

Thanks for your feedback, and best wishes,
    Raf

• Don't see your idea?

Zendesk Sell Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base