Zendesk Sell Ideas

Help us make Base better. Share your thoughts, ideas, and feature requests with us.

How can we improve Sell?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I would love for each note added for the time (11:ooam) to be added too

I want to be able to track the date and time when each task/note is added to a client record

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Interface improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make batch changes/additions to contacts, notes, deals using .csv import

I would like to be able to export from Base as a .csv (currently able to), make a whole bunch of changes, and then upload the file back to Base to import the changes. Currently Base identifies every person as a duplicate and doesn't make any changes - adding a simple switch to "overwrite" existing contacts would be great. The contact would still keep the same id number in the database so linked notes and emails would remain intact.

Taking this a step further, I could import a bunch of new notes and have them associated with a contact's id.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Interface improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Rafal Ociepa responded

Hi,
    Import of existing contacts adds new information to recognized duplicates. You can also add notes to the contacts file and have them imported along with the contacts (the required mapping for the notes column is to select Asset > Add as note).
    Hope this helps, and thanks for your feedback!

Best,
    Raf

3. Allow multiple filters in each category

Allow multiple zip codes or states to be clicked on and checked to assist in filtering out leads/contacts

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Interface improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Print View / Tasks

Could you make the Tasks list render nicely when printing? Like make it print how you see it on the screen instead of the ugly plain text? Thanks!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve improved the printed view. Thanks for your support for this.

5. Reverse Sort

Be able to reverse the sort by date added or alphabetical (ie. oldest to newest, or Z to A)

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Interface improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Sort by "date of most recent contact"

Similar to a couple other ideas. Add an option to sort contacts by who you've interacted most recently.

My number one reason for using a contact manager is so that I can back through old contacts at regular intervals and follow up...

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Interface improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorting by Last Activity Date is available for leads, contacts, and deals.
    Thanks!

7. Archive leads rather than delete

Leads sometimes go cold so you want to take them off your list of leads. Sometimes you feel the urge to go over cold contacts. So instead of deleting leads, it would be good to 'archive' them so they can be retrieved.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Interface improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This can be achieved by using the Unqualified lead status, or a custom lead status of your choice.

Thanks for your feedback!

8. Completed task

It would be nice to have a way, in a central section maybe the overview to see tasks that were completed.

Right now after I complete a task, it just disappears. I would just have to recall which name that task was associated to and go to that contact or deal to see the specifics.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Interface improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Let me see my employees deals without them seeing mine or each other's

I want to see my 7 employees deals and I want all of their deals to feed into my pipeline. However, I don't want them to see my deals pipeline and I don't want them to see each other's deals.

Can you turn on/off who is able to view and edit each deal?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Interface improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add activity stream for a contact to that client's deal...

When making/receiving calls, add adding any necessary notes from the device, it would be great for that same data to be added to the deal's activity stream also.

So then by looking at a deal's activity stream, there would be all calls/notes relating to all contacts/users assigned to that deal.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. View the full pipe on one page

First of all, great product. If I have a few stages in the pipeline, it would be great to see them all on one page instead of having a drop down option for the extra stages.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. More deal stages?

Hey,
    I have a somewhat complicated deal pipeline (working with the European Commission), and I'm stuck because I need one more stage but the system does not allow me to do it. Could you allow 6 deal stages instead of 5??
    Thanks,
    Camille

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Thank You Page

It would be great that once the contact form I can host on my website is submitted it takes my prospect to a URL I specify - then this can be tracked in Google Analytics or any other analytics program, allowing the actual campaign/source of the lead to be tracker.

I'd just like to add, this is by far the best CRM out there at the moment, I've been using Highrise and Capsule CRM - the former is too basic and the latter too clunky. You've got this just right.

I've referred 27 users to Capsule CRM, I'd like to…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. search by fields

Hi, we are rather disappointed that you cannot seach by our custom fields. Disappointed because we were about to implement this into our company and we have to now start again. Not sure why you are linked to mailchimp and not think its important to have this capability. Putting tags is not a solution, its messy time consuming for sales people and just another band aid solution im afraid. Anyhow, the search continues.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Sending email to multiple contacts

Sending emails from BaseCRM is fast, and fun. I was needing to send the same message to two guys (without tying them together in any particular way s.a. deals). Cannot be done.

If you allowed to add recipients, the sent email could be separately added to each of the contacts in BaseCRM. No need to have any linkage between the recipients.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add more fields for phone numbers in iPhone and Web

Add more options for phone numbers (Fax, Work, Home)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Interface improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Overdue Tasks

In the overview tab, the today tasks view should display overdue tasks (maybe highlighted)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Call List

It'd be great to create a call list that allows for sequential dialing or at least viewing on the screen. I.e.: list of names and phone numbers>enter lead during call>upon finishing call go directly to next record>repeat.

If this was possible, those of us that call would also be able to have a time/date stamp on last call attempted along with everything else that Base offers while inside a lead.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Interface improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    I’m happy to say a call list is already available in Base – when you click a phone number in our web version, you can simply select “Add to Call List” (http://take.ms/R2Y26) – either form the list view, or a contact’s card – and create a list that way.

Best,
    Raf

19. employee control

Hey Guys,

I own a small design shop in SF. Myself and the BD person are responsible for using Base and not all the other folks that work here.

I think it would be great if there was a way to block certain users from using/seeing what's in Base.

Thanks,

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    There are several access levels, including No Access, with further enhancements coming down the road.
    Thanks.

20. Delete multiple contacts

Suggested Idea:
    Select multiple contacts and delete multiple at once.

Current issue:
    Under contacts there does not seem to be an option to delete multiple contacts at once.
    The only way I have been able to find to delete a contact is by drilling down into the contact themself and clicking the delete button.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Zendesk Sell Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base