How can we improve Base?

LEADS DUPLICATE CHECK

A function in settings that allows all leads duplicates to be viewed with basic info and an option to delete or merge.

like this:
[merge button]

JOHN SMITH 0400 111 222 [delete button] [check box]
JOHN SMITH 0400 111 333 [delete button] [check box]
JOHN SMITH 0400 111 333 [delete button] [check box]

Possibly a contacts duplicates suggestion as well, just incase a lead has been converted already.

300 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    George Upjohn shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  AdminVictor Black (Admin, Base CRM) responded  · 

Duplicates can definitely be a pain. We’re currently looking into creating a de-duplication tool for Base that will cover Leads and Contacts. More information to come.

22 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice if it also check both leads and contacts to look for duplicates. I have had contacts auto ad a new lead and come to find out I now have 3 leads and 1 contact for the same person. It's so maddening.

• Zoltán Lehóczky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This seems to be already done. You'll get a list of possible duplicates to the right of the lead and contact creation forms if the names are similar.

• Al C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In addition to a de-duplication tool (to fix things after the fact), it would be helpful (if not more useful) to post a warning as the user adds a new lead...

• Twingate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Duplicates are extra painful if you have multiple people using Base integrated with Gmail, where each individual has their own contact list containing the same contact. The effect is that dupes keep coming back every time contacts are synced and the process of weeding out duplicates has to be done both in Gmail for each participating user and in Base.

• Kirk McLaren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would really help if BASE CRM didn't load duplicate leads, contacts, and prospects based on email match or flagged them for manual review to accept original or new information.

It would also help if BASE CRM allowed us to run a Duplicate function based on the emails to have the option to merge leads, contacts, and prospects as well.

This will help us have a complete database and ensure that it is clean.

• Kirk McLaren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would really help if BASE CRM didn't load duplicate leads, contacts, and prospects based on email match or flagged them for manual review to accept original or new information.

It would also help if BASE CRM allowed us to run a Duplicate function based on the emails to have the option to merge leads, contacts, and prospects as well.

This will help us have a complete database and ensure that it is clean.

• Jessica Allen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ok, am I missing something? Where's the merge tool? Why isn't there a way to recognize duplicates?

• Ville commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Duplicate tool for mass-merging duplicates would be extremely handy.

• Ethan Anderson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see that this has gotten better recently, with the warning "John Doe already exists as a contact -- edit?"

But, I agree that there needs to be a way to mass search for duplicates. It can be a real nightmare to manually merge more than a few duplicates.

• Ramon Suarez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm all in for a duplicate manager, but not Gmail style: you have no view of what is merging into what and ends up merging contacts that should not go together. So far the best duplicate manager I've used (and it is lacking) is the one of Contactually.

Even if we get the deduplicator, I'm afraid we will still have issues with Base creating more duplicates with the next sync, or wrongly adding users as companies and viceversa. We also need to be able to change a contact from company to person and the other way around.

Plus Base does not even check if the contact exists when adding a lead.This should be automaticly checked everytime and options be offered asking what to do with each of this contacts.

• Colleen McCartney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be extremely helpful. I am currently going through a list of 2000 contacts searching for duplicates as I am getting errors on pulling emails 'cause they are going to the wrong contact.

This would add significant value! We have address books, spreadsheet and contact databases from all over the place and would like to import regularly. If the system could just recognize by email address if a contact has already been entered and not import (like MailChimp), we'd be in heaven!

YES PLEASE.

My colleagues add contacts into a shared Outlook Contacts folder as they meet people. Then every 3 months I export out of Outlook and into Base. I really need Base to recognize that some of the entries are already in Base, and only upload the new people.

• peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES< batch de-duping is needed - esp. with your clugey import process

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base