How can we improve Sell?

Have The Ability To Make Fields Mandatory

Both built in and custom fields should have the ability to be set as mandatory - meaning the record can't be saved without it being completed.

248 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jamie Pride shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ollie Brindley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree 100% on this across Leads, Contacts and Deals. Taking it a stage further: it would be great to have dependent fields ie. I choose a particular industry for a customer and it would offer me choices dependent on that. For now though, even compulsory would be good...

• Richard Rouse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is it possible to make certain fields within contacts and accounts mandatory so they can not be left blank.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be helpful if we add a custom field that we have the option of making it mandatory to fill the field out.

• Amanda Guerrero commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to make certain custom fields required before saving a new lead in Base. For example, we've added a "referral source" field so we know where our leads are coming from. However, if a lead is added in manually, the user can easily forget to enter this information - and we miss out on valuable data.

• Paul Herring commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's been over two years since this suggestion was made. I suspect it's a low priority at Base; however, it would be greatly appreciated if you could revisit it. This functionality is huge.

• Gwen Gayhart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was just about to post this idea myself! As manager of a team of salespeople (who, by nature, prefer to run off-the-grid) the more accountability I can build in AND AUTOMATE gives me more free time for coaching, support, reporting, planning, etc. THIS WOULD BE A SIGNIFICANT UPGRADE!

• Michael Pacitto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was going to use my last 2 votes for my own ideas, but this wins!
    I am not the most organized person, and the more mandatory things I can create for myself, the more useful Base is to me!

• Aaron Christopher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a way I can set it so that certain fields on a deal HAVE to be filled out or checked. Otherwise the card can not be moved to a qualified lead. I want my sales team to make sure they fill out certain things before it goes to our development team.

Feedback and Knowledge Base