How can we improve Base?

Have The Ability To Make Fields Mandatory

Both built in and custom fields should have the ability to be set as mandatory - meaning the record can't be saved without it being completed.

244 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jamie Pride shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ollie Brindley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree 100% on this across Leads, Contacts and Deals. Taking it a stage further: it would be great to have dependent fields ie. I choose a particular industry for a customer and it would offer me choices dependent on that. For now though, even compulsory would be good...

• Richard Rouse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is it possible to make certain fields within contacts and accounts mandatory so they can not be left blank.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be helpful if we add a custom field that we have the option of making it mandatory to fill the field out.

• Amanda Guerrero commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to make certain custom fields required before saving a new lead in Base. For example, we've added a "referral source" field so we know where our leads are coming from. However, if a lead is added in manually, the user can easily forget to enter this information - and we miss out on valuable data.

• Paul Herring commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's been over two years since this suggestion was made. I suspect it's a low priority at Base; however, it would be greatly appreciated if you could revisit it. This functionality is huge.

• Gwen Gayhart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was just about to post this idea myself! As manager of a team of salespeople (who, by nature, prefer to run off-the-grid) the more accountability I can build in AND AUTOMATE gives me more free time for coaching, support, reporting, planning, etc. THIS WOULD BE A SIGNIFICANT UPGRADE!

• Michael Pacitto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was going to use my last 2 votes for my own ideas, but this wins!
        I am not the most organized person, and the more mandatory things I can create for myself, the more useful Base is to me!

• Aaron Christopher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a way I can set it so that certain fields on a deal HAVE to be filled out or checked. Otherwise the card can not be moved to a qualified lead. I want my sales team to make sure they fill out certain things before it goes to our development team.

Feedback and Knowledge Base