How can we improve Base?

Social Media Profiles of contact

for each contact, the system should get social media profiles and update the contact card automatically like Nimble

390 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

22 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nimble is a totally different CRM. I use it also, great if you're day is dominated by social media. Base is so good for transactional sales, it gets out of the way, the Search is smart. Both are leading edge CRM choices.

• Sebastian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is extremely necessary! We need to have the ability to see what social media the email address is registered in. It gives more insight into the lead.

I don't understand why BASE hasn't added this function yet. I have expressed the need of this multiple times to the BASE staff during implementation conferences. Most of the other CRMs have this. Even the smaller ones

Hi, I need a lot of comments on this topic which I agree with - this is a real gap within Base. However I don't see a comment from Base staff.

• Silvia O'Hara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Live Social Media is integral to business sales!! We selected Nimble over Base, simply because of the social media features. We are in a very competitive space where client and potential customer activity are key to winning accounts. We loved testing Base and the rich features and insight that far outdo Nimble, but felt this feature was too important to ignore. Keep us posted if you integrate live SM into your product, and we'll switch!!

• Dadi Janusson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tracking of social media interactions with contacts on Facebook/Linkedin/Twitter etc.

These interactions could, for example, be displayed as notes on the contact card, and thus in the activity feed.

• Stephen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I could see it being very beneficial as well as time saving if users could selectively choose contacts from various social media accounts such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, ... and sync / import them on-the-fly into Base.

Something along the lines of --> https://www.datanyze.com/product/#prospect

Thank you for considering this feature.

It would also be incredible handy to be able to message contacts social media accounts using Base. THis could be an option in the contact card. Very helpful.

• Angel Torres commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nimble CRM does the best job on the Social Media Look Up/Integration of any CRM App I have seen!! I know as I have an account!!

• Matthew Kruchko commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, without having social auto-integration there is now way to holistically see leads and contacts. This is a must for Base. Nimble does get it right, but as said earlier misses a lot of functionality. Base should also look at how Hubspot integrates social into is sales platform.

• David Stegmann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

LinkedIn is key today to qualify a lead. Today, when I am in the leads list, I do not see any link or other to go to Linkedin. A simple button that "calls" the linkedin profile based on name and company of the lead would make the process faster.

I like the features of Base but trying to add 2 or more social media links to each customer is impossible and time consuming when you have 1,000 contacts. This needs to be an auto-feature, even Insightly, a free CRM offers this.

• Graham Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Social media integration is essential. Nimble has this right, but lacks the better features of Base. I have another idea - Base should buy Nimble and integrate the two and then we would have a cracking product...! Seriously, Base, you cannot ignore social media profile any longer. They are fundamental in sales and customer relationships nowadays.

• Peter Wyro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the biggest compromise with base, compared to nimble. I prefer everything else about base, but the lack of social integration is a barrier.

• Piero commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fundamental option. On the other hand we are in 2014! Social is an integral part of the sales.

honestly, I would have already signed up for Base if it had (Nimble Like) Social media integration! That is the only reason I am still looking.

• Will Munroe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What I would really like is more social networks represented. Pinterest, Foursquare and Google+ (some people somewhere seem to be using it). That would help me get a fuller understanding of their existing social media presence and learn more about their business before even contacting them.

Of course automatically finding the profiles would be awesome. But I don't mind digging myself to find them if the tool prompts me to do so and gives me a way to track their usage.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base