(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AdminJosh Bean (Product Marketing Manager, Base CRM) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

40 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So necessary ! As an administrator it will help a lot to see leads/contacts on a PC (larger screen, etc.) and make it easier to plan activities. Hope to see this implemented pretty soon !

• Arron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely, I'd also like the ability to turn off the cluster view of leads/contacts on map.

As a field agent trying to plan my route from a slightly zoomed out view the cluster (eg 10+) distorts the locations and groups together leads that in practice are actually quite some distance away from each other making it impossible to map a route.

How has this not been done yet! It's crazy to think that all sales work is planned on mobile devices only!

• Caleb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I’d imagine that a desktop map feature would be used much in the same way that I use it on my phone, except on a much larger screen. It makes it easier for me to look over larger areas and copy and paste information directly on my computer. I’d just like a tab (see example below) in the contacts page to pull up a map embedded inside the Base website. Having the map also helps me to plan out my trips so I’m not running to opposite corners of a city to hit each meeting.

• Vic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Place Geolocation in a web based version as map badgger. The objective is that many times planning for your sales routes will occurr generally in the home or office versus on the go!. This toal will allow true strategic thought in peace of mind versus the rough and go of the road.

• Rob P. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am currently under trial version of base and I think its a great application however I couldn't agree with you more Michael. Especially when it comes to seeing clients and setting appointments in office or perhaps even followup calls in office when you lnow your going to be in the area to close deals etc...

I believe integrating the desktop should be a priority! Make routing, scheduling and virtual cold calling a lot friendlier. Not to mention base does a great job on keeping the the UI and features of the Native app close to the desktop. So it should have this Map view feature as well on the desktop :)

• Michael McDonald commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is this not a first priority? Why was this not already done? I can't wait. Having it in the app is great when one is in the field...but for strategic planning purposes for the sales management team, being able to map out the customers is a basic need!

• Steve Benson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can do exactly this by using Base with the Badger Map - the two can integrate through APIs or with spreadsheets. You can see where your clients in relation to each other to plan your trip faster and with the shortest route possible many days in advance. You can also colorize and filter by certain attributes and use the optimize feature to optimize all your sales trips. Badger is specifically used for this use case with field sales people.

• Steve Benson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can view leads and contacts from Base in map on a web app with the Badger Map. Base and Badger can integrate through APIs or with spreadsheets to plots leads and contacts on a Google Map. You can also colorize or filter based on certain attributes (like Sales YTD, number of employees, etc.), organize by map layers, and build and optimize routes. In addition to the web app, there are also native apps for iPhones and Androids. It's a pretty great tool to make Base an even more powerful CRM.

Maps are great on the phone. However, most people plan out their sales trips while working on the computer.

I would like to be able to access my maps while sitting at my desk. I plan out sales trips in advance!

I love base overall- this is simply a suggestion to improve the experience.

yes please add this feature.

Sales people plan out trips in advance, and they do it while at their desk! It would be vastly easier to have this happen in google maps than it would to do it on the phone and back and forth it with the computer.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base