How can we improve Base?

Exclude filter

A filter that brings up contacts and EXCLUDES the contacts you do not want (either by the owner or by tag or both).

This would assist greatly in setting up new consultant accounts and allocating contacts to consultants making sure that existing consultants did not lose their contacts in the process.

445 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Nick Duffield shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  AdminVictor Black (Admin, Base CRM) responded  · 

Great feedback! We recently added an option for Any/All selection with Tags, and we’re taking a look into adding an Exclude filter as well. More information to come when we have it!

40 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • josh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Over 400 vote - obviously, everyone wants this. The last response was 2 years ago. What's going on with this - it would be very helpful in the contact and smartlist filters. When are we going to get this feature??

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can see an 'exclude' filter being extremely helpful, but perhaps even more helpful would be an advanced filter that allowed for basic logic strings (tags include this, but not that; etc). Currently we had several prospects tagged as prospects for a certain trade show, and now that the show has concluded, I've updated those who we scanned at the show with a tag – I'd like to be able to see those who were tagged as prospects but did NOT attend the show, so that we can send a follow up. There is currently no good way that I've seen (outside of exporting to Excel and doing some formula magic) to make this happen inside of Base.

• Kim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please update us on this status of this critical feature. Would love to see this asap. The Any/All With/Without doesn't do what we all need.

Thanks

• T Behrendt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+3 votes for Exclude. Filter by tags 'equal to', secondary filter tags 'not equal to.'

I also need to exclude by criteria/fields. Otherwise, I have to export everything and then work in excel, which is a bit against the whole principle of having a CRM!

This would be HUGE for me. I have over 26,000 contacts and I need to be able to exclude contacts.

• Mike Groseth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need this badly...I have 1 large customer and want to see the data on a smartlist in deals of all of my other (smaller) customers without that 1 whale skewing all my data. I'm trying to figure out how to look at all my deals, won or lost, excluding 1 large account. An exclude filter would be purrrrrrfect!!!! Please please please make my life easier by adding this!

• Nick Mealy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need this as well. We use tags right now on Companies, to denote which product or product(s) the company is (or has been) a customer of. The problem with having no exclude filter, is that if someone forgets to add the tag when a new customer is added, they vanish from the relevant searches for that product. So I need the "untagged" so I can periodically check for untagged Companies who are marked as customers..

Possibly tags are not the best way... for more context, we have multiple products and a custom field on Lead that is "product", however this dies when they get converted, and even if I had a "Product" field on Company, there's no way that I know of for it to support multiple values.
        Even more ideally I'd just like to have a "Product" entity but hey, these are the breaks.

• Neil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely agree with this 100%. I just found one of my main contacts that has not been getting any attention. Come on base, we need more ability to manipulate the data with or without tags etc.

Handling multiple countries and having to check each, instead of just EXCLUDING one country, is such a hassle. And that's just one filter qualifier. Hoping this gets bumped up on your development plan!

We also really need to have an exclude filter for lead sources in the pipeline reports.

We desperately need this for both leads AND contacts. Please bring this forward on the dev roadmap!

Yes, this would be extremely helpful when filtering a list to make changes. ie. exclude "has email" tag so that I can quickly add "needs email" tag to those who do not have an email.

• jonathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Filter function could be 3-Click..GREEN - RED - GREY
        1st click "includes" Tag/Field (turns it GREEN)
        2nd Click "excludes" Tag/Field (turns it RED or Orange or something)
        3rd click "un-selects" Tag/Field (turns back to GREY)

• Victor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a user, I want to see all the deals/leads/contacts that do NOT have a specific tag...

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base