How can we improve Sell?

Leads Merge / Duplicates

When we have imported Leads, often times many but not all of the new Leads that are imported turn out to have been in our Leads database previously. However, this creates an enormous number of duplicates in our Leads. It would be much more helpful to be able to merge the Leads and remove duplicates, much as we can for our Contacts.

Thanks.

500 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Paras shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Adminmark.stagi (Admin, Base CRM) responded  · 

Hello everyone!

We have recently performed a major update to our Duplication logic in Base when you import a new set of leads or manually enter in a lead in Base.

The deduplication update includes three components to help combat duplicates:
    – Suggested leads/contacts
    – Flexible duplicate management during imports
    – Customizable duplicate identification

You can read more on our blog here:

https://blog.getbase.com/deduplication

Thanks
    Mark

38 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

De-duping is great but not infallible. If there is merging for contacts, could that same feature not also be added for Leads?

• Glen Barnes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hang on, this has not been completed!

You still can't merge leads once they have been imported.

This is a basic feature which needs to be addressed! At least give us a response @base

• lee morgan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree completely.
        This is a must.
        We have web leads that create huge duplication and provide us an headache.
        It MUST be a simple fix for BASE. Leads have emails - why on earth do they not use to sync with contacts - and provide a notification!?!?

• Chad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a necessity for our business. Any update on this @base?

please add this feature! It would save so much time and energy to not have to check multiple places for activity associated with a single person and email address.

Has this been addressed yet? As much as I am liking base i cannot use it if this feature does not exist

• Jan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just started with base and already see this is a big problem. Any fixes or updates?

Why are there no updates on this? We just started with a large team on Base and this single problem may force us off this CRM

• Chris Verwoerdt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Google contacts lets a user merge similar contacts; it would be great of a user could do that for leads, contacts or deals

• Juan Pablo Baglieri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hi ! i would like if BASE CRM didn´t load duplicate leads, please help this out, i have duplicated data in the crm and i can´t clean this

• Kirk McLaren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would really help if BASE CRM didn't load duplicate leads, contacts or prospects based on email match or flagged them for manual review to accept original or new information.

It would also help if BASE CRM allowed us to run a Duplicate function based on the emails to have the option to merge contacts, leads, and prospects as well.

This will help us have a complete database and ensure that it is clean.

• Amber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see you have this function for Contact and I also see forums have been asking for over 3 years for this.
        When starting out and cleaning data this would be incredibly useful.
        Cheers

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base