How can we improve Base?

Monthly Recurring Revenue vs. Non Recurring Revenue

Would be great if you could classify sales revenue as recurring or non-recurring revenue.

1,006 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    John Hatfield shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Adminsupport-team (Admin, Base CRM) responded  · 

We’re happy to say that recurring revenue is coming to Base!

We’ve listened to your feedback and taken the suggestions on board for this functionality and are scheduled to begin work on recurring revenue in the coming weeks.

Naturally we’ll let you know once this is underway and will keep you updated throughout the process.

Regards,

Base Support

92 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Michael Kaloutas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a great feature that we are looking forward to using. Please if possible allow recurring frequency to be adjustable. ex. monthly, annually

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When can we expect this feature. This is fairly important for us since not having it means alot of manual labour

• Alan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,
        First of All, I love Base CRM.
        The recurring revenue feature would make me the happiest person in the whole entire world.

I see the admin last update said:

"Naturally we’ll let you know once this is underway and will keep you updated throughout the process."

on June 20th, 2016, which is a full 18 months ago.

I'm curious if you are adding this feature? If you could roll this out a week before 2018 so I could setup my year in advance that would be terrific.

Thank you,

Alan

• Frank Truglio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Paycove.io has launched as a native base integration. You can find us in the Snap Marketplace.

You can send invoices from base as subscriptions and every time there is a successful charge Paycove updates the base deal with the new charge. Keeping you books and your CRM in sync.

If you have any questions, feel free to reach out.

https://getbase.com/marketplace/paycove/

• ike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey when are we going to get recurring revenue feature ? base is kinda useless withouth... just recurring deal closing, that's all

Too bad I cannot point an image here and share how Highrise does it. Although not optimal, certainly does a better job.

• Dylan Schuddinh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any word on when the recurring revenue feature will be added. I enjoy using Base but will not make it permanent until I know when the feature will be added. Thanks

Is recurring rev going to be covered anytime soon? We just finished our Demo. We liked it but we Need recurring rev!

• Max Kovgan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have sent this as ticket, but let's put it into the public eye:
        you can implement this feature in 4 steps:
        1) implement "Payment Step" (types - invoice/receipt), and make it some kind of displayable data, accessible via REST - so user can add payment steps to a deal. it should contain planned date, and actual date, and currency.

2) Implement Payment Chain - e.g. invoice -> receipt (or more complex scenarios), and make a chain visible. as 1 table: invoice data, receipt data, etc.

3) Implement "Payment Plan - i.e. a list of Payment chain objects. this one should be able to take deal revenue and ensure the revenue equals msum of payments.

4) make deal actually be able to visually show payment chains with all the details.

the above is small step thing, should be very safe and backward compatible.

Thanks!!!

• Max Kovgan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be more welcome if a deal could be paid in arbitrary number of payments.
        This would cover all the possible ways support/service deals can be paid.

You are a saas company; surely you guys get it. we spend way too much time on pipeline issues since you can't manage recurring revenue in pipe. i will be taking my recurring rev to base elsewhere unless i have a date for release.

ps. does anyone know of a competitive product that does manage saas revenue?

• Jason Hurlbut commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is essential in so many ways i.e. our Xero integration etc... ETA on development please?

• Zoltán Lehóczky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For me the typical scenario that should be supported here is a SaaS one: you have a lot of users with recurring (mostly monthly, sometimes yearly) payments.

I'd like to be able to track these customers in a way that is consistent with (and comparable to) one-time deals (think custom software development or special services) and thus be able to e.g. see who our biggest clients are.

I'd imagine this with the ability to create deals that are automatically re-created: e.g. I create a (won) deal for customer A who is a user of our SaaS. Now I'd like this deal to be re-created e.g. each month (or year) for customer A with the same details (value, source) as the first time. This wouldn't be some fundamental change but rather the additional feature to basically automatically copy deals in a scheduled way.

It's been 11 months since I posted here, still no reply from the guys at Base - worst community management I've come across in a long time, screw you guys

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base