How can we improve Base?

allow a "parent" company to connect with multiple sub-companies/sites

If you are pursuing a national account or even a smaller company with regional locations it would be beneficial to sync the activity of all sites to the parent. This creates single points of contact within your own company for account ownership and communication.

318 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  support-teamAdminsupport-team (Admin, Base CRM) responded  · 

Good news here :) We have officially released our Company Hierarchy feature! You can learn more about it on our blog here: https://blog.getbase.com/base-product-update-company-hierarchy. You can also learn how it works here: https://support.getbase.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004545843-Managing-Company-Hierarchy. Please reach out to support@getbase.com if you’ve got any questions.

29 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Eckhart MehlerEckhart Mehler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are needing holding, group, subsidiaries and national branch structures. infulencer and decision makers are organized in departments, processes and projects, to. This is important information to cover customers social network and the flow of information inside a customers company.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this functionality ASAP. This is very important for large and small companies alike. Most CRM's that I've used in the past have this functionality built in. Gaelle comment on 9/21/16 is all we need---to add 'Parent Company' and select the existing company (or have the ability to 'add new parent company' if one doesn't exist...like Pipeliner CRM).
        Thank you---and please hurry! ;)

• GaëlleGaëlle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would simply add a field "Parent company" with which we could select a company ? It's an idea ;)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Be able to add companies which have multiple branches as subdivisions of that company.
        At the moment you have to tag companies / individual branches which isn't ideal.

Very useful especially when working with Public Sector - it would be great to see it in a hierarchy. But most important; to see the accounts "mother" and "child's". Hope it makes sense,

• JamenJamen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely second this idea. Hope it's on the roadmap Uzi and team. :)

Really want this feature - crm already becoming a mess in terms cross referencing brands / parent companies etc.

• Alison SlaterAlison Slater commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be useful to have the parent / child feature for large companies so that deals coming in for the child company can be reside under the umbrella of the parent company. We can then view the accounts total worth.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a feature that all CRM should have. I find it very frustrating that I cant link sites to main parent company. Jarred at the moment I have added a descriptor to the company and add the branches there but you are right there are big issues with this.

• Jean-Philippe LavalleeJean-Philippe Lavallee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be very helpful. We deal with large organisations that have local operations under other companies, Joint ventures, or other forms of relationships.

Yes, yes, yes. Even small companies often have subsidiaries and linking all the companies of a group is key!

• Fredrik EricsonFredrik Ericson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a really really good feature. I do business with several larger general agents for with several dealers each. Now i have them all as separate accounts. Would be extreamly good to be able to link them other than through tags.

• James WalkerJames Walker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So we have a number of clients - some are agencies in their own right and we'd like to be able to subdivide deals and allocate them to their clients/projects.
        Also, we have a couple of large companies that we do work for different departments and it would be good to be able to allocate the deals to the different departments.
        Otherwise, i think that our deal listings are going to get a bit unweildy quite quickly.

• AndrewAndrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to expand on this and say that the activity added to contacts associated with an account show up in the activity list for that account.

• Simon HovaSimon Hova commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For me, this suggestion means multiple locations for an account. I have two accounts that have multiple addresses, with many of their employees working at one address or another. If I want to track the locations of the company, I need to hack together multiple accounts, which messes up my (tightly integrated) accounting system. This would be a big plus for me.

• Jorge GaragarzaJorge Garagarza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It will be a good idea to be able to link multiple companies as they may belong to a corporation, some times we deal with corporate offices and people who belong to different divisions or companies within the same parent company...

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base