How can we improve Base?

Allow us to assign or add a person to multiple companies.

It would be very helpful for our business to have the ability to assign person(s) to more than one company. I work with several people that work for multiple companies. I only want to add them into Base once, but have the ability to assign them to multiple companies that they are representing.

578 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Landon Balding shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

42 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, we need to create relationships between companies in a group for example. Indeed, we work with several different companies that are attached to a company or organizations of regroupment (communities of communes, community of agglomeration, ..) Is it a solution with Base CRM?
        thank you in advance for your help
        Best regards

bonjour, nous avons besoin de créer des relations entre entreprises d'un groupe par exemple. En effet, nous travaillons avec plusieurs d'entreprise différente qui sont attachées à une société ou organismes de regroupement (communautés de communes, communauté d'agglomération,.. ) Est-il une solution avec Base CRM ?
        merci d'avance pour votre aide
        bien cordialement

• Richard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree that this is an essential function these days given that clients have multiple roles across organisations. Still no feedback from Base?

• Kim Hayhurst commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is critical for our organization as well. It is creating a ton of extra, manual work to manage duplicate records in a system that should streamline our processes.

Dear Base - is there an update on this request and an ETA on this funcationality?

• Randall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Many-to-many relationships are a central function of most competing CRM products. Can we get an update on this?

• Carey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nutshell and Pipedrive do a nice job of this. It's more than just who someone might work for. A contact of mine may be the CEO of a company, but may also be a BoardMember of three other companies, the Chair of a National Charity, President of a Private Club, etc. Very important information.

• Jack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

CRITICAL! Please add this feature. Or at least allow the creation of a custom field which is a "connection" to another Base table. For example, Upvise allows you create a custom field on the Contact record that you can connect to the Company record. This can be named "Other Company Relationships."

• josh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is one of the most voted requests - but no response from BASE support??

• Bas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some of my contacts work for more than one company, in fact, a lot of them do.

I would propose a possibility to connect one contact to more companies.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree. I work with Distributors who have sales people calling on multiple stores. I have the stores information in base and need to keep up with them.

• Greg Stewart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just discovered Base can't do this and am pretty surprised. I have owners that "work" at all if thir locations. I have staff of these locations that can be found floating between all stores...

• Hanael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One contact could be linked (employee) of multiple companies. F.i we have several contacts owning more than one company.

• Billie Bryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My partner and I have consistently run into this problem as we have multiple contacts who own or work for more than one organization. We end up with duplicate contacts, and it becomes a huge hassle and quite confusing when sorting through correspondence, so an update on this would be quite the time and life saver!

• Evan Patronik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we PLEASE get an update on this? This is getting frustrating watching my contacts fall through the cracks as I lose important information about them. Insightly handles this very well, if you're having trouble coming up with a possible solution, perhaps look at how they handle it? @Tim is absolutely correct that it's non-starter...it's been over 2 years and this should really be tackled.

• Tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously? This is not supported? It's been over 2 years and I guess no one is listening. This is a crucial feature that ALL crm's should support. How many times do you have a contact that is part of multiple companies or locations? LOTS!

This is a NON STARTER!

• Andre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently trialing Base, have hit this limitation early on when configuring the API. Would a simple join table not suffice? We have over 14,000 contacts, many of which belong to multiple companies. I've already moved here from close.io......don't make me sellout and head to Salesforce!!! How has this tecket been open since 2012!

• Evan Patronik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Originally I gave this 1 vote, but now I'm upping it to 3 because I repeatedly keep running into issues associated with this problem.

I've got companies assigned to deals they have nothing to do with, I've got companies in my contacts with no employees because I can't double book the contact, I've got confusion about who is supposed to be the contact for a company when I need to reach out to them.

Updates!!!!

Thanks guys, I know you're working but keep us posted so we don't get restless (I've only been at this a month, I don't know how Spence and Katie are handling it!).

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base