How can we improve Base?

Set more precise times for tasks

Right now you can only schedule tasks to the hour. Would be nice to have at least 30 min or 15 intervals.

265 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Rafal Ociepa responded  · 

Hi all,

You can now schedule tasks for any time you choose, down to one-minute increments.

Thanks for your feedback, and all the best!

27 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please set the task default lead time to zero. Then if there is a necessary lead time period we can click on that but only as needed.

• Arthur commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please edit the available task times to only show 15 minute intervals. Having to scroll through dozens of available entires is tedious and time wasteful. Do we really need to be able to set a task for 8:05? Wouldn't 8:00 be enough?

• jb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

option for tasks for no time and/or later option
        today, tomorrow, this week, next week, later

• Melissa Miller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for adding this feature. however, It would be really helpful if choosing a time was optional. There are many tasks that just need to be completed in a day without setting a specific time. Maybe an "All Day" option?

This would be HUGE for people that are on the road a lot, when you are running from meeting to meeting these reminders are what keep us on task.

• Daniel Helsten commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Simply integrating with Google Task would then allow reminders to pop up on my phone at the appropriate time. Two birds with one stone. I'm on android so I don't know how well this would work for iOS folks.

It would be nice to be able to designate a task for a date, but mark it Timeless if it's not tied to a time.

• Taj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There some great features, but this forum is meant for improvements. I would like to also see more time options when setting an alarm. I would also like a reminder inside the BASE to let me know that my alarm went off. I shouldn't have to email myself or look for leads that changed colors. Why does the list, under contacts, constantly revolve? I can't get it to stay in the same order. Really frustrating to have to go to the bottom of the page to look for the CARD , that I just created or altered. A few more ascending/descending like options would be great. Like alphabetical?

• Scott McLaughlin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My days don't run to a perfect schedule, I have 8 direct reports...... I just need to know what must be done this week, and of that what I will try and execute today. Tasks required at a specific time is nice, but I suspect for the average sales person not chained to a desk, this is completely ridiculous. So to is even having a time to a task. A sales persons day, just doesn't roll like that , you've got calls to make , some of which are scheduled , but most aren't, and stuff to communicate. You get these done in and around inbound customer calls, customer service issues and the like. This tool is meant fr sales people, right? Then let's make it simple, value adding and light on the admin hey. Cheers

• RIOTAP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Who "designed" it to do it by the hour - because this was obviously "on purpose". Someone needs to get into the "real world". To force user to use something *other than the CRM* to book appointments with customers is mind-boggling... any thing that makes me leave the application (i.e. non productive effort) to do any followup with the customer - is basically a reason not to use the application.

• Magda Walczak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be good to make reminders flexible in general like in Google Calendars (5 mins - several days, etc.)

• adam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be useful to be able to set reminders for a specific task. For example,
        I set up a task to get a quote to john doe at 2pm but it would be nice to have the option to set a reminder for 3 hours before the task is due so that I have a heads up of when to start working on it while still knowing the exact time it is due

• Wictor Arraes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, project and tasks management, ability to add comments in each task, tags and related emails and activities.

this program has been out for a while and i cant believe this is fixed yet. what you are people even working. You seem to be releasing more integration features lately.

I understand that Integration with help you market to a wider variety of customer but, If basic features such as this are not up to par. Your just going to push people away from using Base

• Bryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yep...the calendar is pretty much useless without greater precision. The ability to choose a precise start and stop time for appointments is absolutely necessary.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base