How can we improve Base?

Support for Commission Based Sales Pipelines as % of Total Sales

Field: Commercial Real Estate

I would like to be able to track total sales/leasing volume AND my commission volume. As it stands, I have to choose one or the other as the "Deal Value." In an ideal implementation the user would set the transaction value first, and then either the commission amount and or the percentage next, and the third variable would calculate automatically. The dashboard would show both sales and commission volume and the same would be reflected in the reporting.

This applies to many field based sales roles beyond commercial real estate, as well.

289 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Randall shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Randall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Base,

I've been a customer for 6 years. This is one of the top requested features and a seemingly intentional oversight or omission at this point.

Where are you at on this?

• Alison Slater commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to use the Deal Value as my total revenue and also track the associated management fee (or costs etc ) for each deal.

• Ivan Ciraj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature would be tremendously useful for being able to measure total gross sales as well as per sales rep earnings based on commission. It would yield a much clearer image for many industries including real estate, car sales, yacht brokers, etc.

• Randall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This request is going on four years old now and has several hundred votes. Many less popular features have been integrated since then.

Can we please get an update

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Did this feature ever get added? I am not a user yet, but also a real estate broker, and love the idea of this!

• Krzysiek Przygudzki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you plan on implementing this feature, a nice integration with products might also be helpfull.
        For example, my commission is a fixed percentage of the deal net income, so when I am negotiating a deal with a customer, the price changes, but the costs remain the same, so my commision changes accordingly. There already is an option to add a "cost" to the product, so it would be nice to use it.

Feedback and Knowledge Base