How can we improve Base?

Schedule repetitive tasks

Being able to schedule tasks on a regular repetition schedule (like calling people once a month)

1,232 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    James shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

58 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I JUST started using this CRM and this is the first hiccup. I was to set an event to repeat 3 days in a row. Should be simply!!!! Come on!!!

• Cory commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the #1 request from my team at the moment, would save us a ton of time.

• Rich Stack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be very helpful. The workarounds required are a nuisance. Please revisit this suggestion.

• Bob Clarke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

New user and love most of the program! This is definitely a needed addition. Please address this!

I have now left Base because of this - now using Pipedrive - it instantly asks you if you need to schedule another task. Shame as almost everything else on Base is so much better!

This is a key feature in my opinion. Being able to schedule monthly, quarterly, annual calls, reviews, etc. A very much needed feature for many businesses.

thanks - I'll have a look at Pipedrive - this is just not on. Not even a comment from Base?

• Alexander B. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nadim, does Pipedrive have a version of Smart Links or where you can create a URL with a custom field or name from the customer aka qbo.intuit.com/app/customerID=[Custom Field]?

• Nadim Khimani commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I actually have found another crm that will do just this for a fraction of the price. Pipedrive has this and more like creating a new pipeline just for recurring customers. I've bought into it today and they even import everything from calls to notes to tags automatically.

It is a insane that this isn't done yet. I agree I've really enjoyed base, but w/ recurring customers every month, it seriously misses the boat on this. It's enough to make me consider looking at a new CRM that has it, in fact I started shopping yesterday. Hopefully Base has an answer soon.

• Tyler Hanson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have been using base for 2 years now and this is one of the main issues I have with it. A lot of our business is based around repetitive tasks (I assume most others) essentially we manage accounts for procurement. It would be so helpful to set up a repetitive task to gather needed documents based on their expiration and even sending out emails.

I mean it would be very nice to have the automated tasks actually perform a function like sending emails for you, but I don't want to ask to much as getting this feature seems to be falling on deaf ears. The most voted feature and no response AT ALL!?????

Base seems to only roll out new features based on one persons decision. If it were group vote and the developers were highly motivated to produce they would have a way better product. It seems also that they over engineer and test too long for each improvement. I think it's a company philosophy issue and it won't be long before some other crm s figure out their call feature n app

• Michael D Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

its ridiculous that this hasn't been responded to since it was posted almost 5 years ago.... this company is ridiculous.

What's the point in voting if they don't care enough to respond.

I just started using Base. Do like it but including this seems a no brainer to me and I am highly surprised this hasn't been done yet.

Adding to the chorus here: repetitive tasks with simple snoozing UX is a great way to keep on top of client relationships, which you already help track. Let's get this done...

• Michelle Myers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This one is a major hole in your software. I often try to accomplish this on Google then send the calendar over, but it's not always accurate. Please add this feature.

• GLEN HARPER commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with all the comments below. Without this feature I'll be looking at other options...

• David Reyes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the most requested feature with nearly 1000 requests for it. I think it's also a likely factor keeping many other users from purchasing this product. The answer I received after several phone calls and emails is they have no intention of adding this feature. Their response is that the automatic task creation tool on the professional plan should suffice. But that tool has no way to meet my needs.

I want to set recurring birthday and anniversary tasks so I can create one reminder per contact for all time to follow up on those repeating days each year. It's a simple feature and it doesn't infringe on the functionality of the professional feature of automatic task creation because automatic task creation is based on triggers, and this is not.

Hopefully we will get an official word from someone at Base soon as to why they refuse to listen to the needs of their users (and prospective users like anonymous below me).

They've given us a forum to make these requests. I would suggest that 865 votes and counting since August of 2012 would warrant an official response in this forum.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base