How can we improve Base?

Filter Contacts via custom field, location, title, state, etc.

It would be nice to be able to filter your contacts by the custom field values. For example, if I created a custom field that contains a list of values, it would be nice to be able to filter by one of those values.

196 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mark Howard shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Rafal Ociepa responded  · 

Hi,
    Thanks for your ideas! You can now filter your data using your custom fields in all parts of Base.

We appreciate your feedback, and would love to hear more of your suggestions!

24 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Timothy Catlett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is currently not showing up on my last update version of the app. Samsung Galaxy S3 -

Action: Contacts, Filter, (Filter by tag, by contact type, by owner) - I'd love to filter by country, city, zip code, state, etc..)

• Roby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The filtering by custom fields is a must!
        Also, filtering on a date field comprised in an interval would be great.

• Alex Webster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, +1 for better filtering.

I would like to be able to sort on multiple fields and/or tags - e.g. designers AND architects IN Australia AND NOT IN Brisbane - then I send them an invitation to a particular event etc.

This can't work if I only get to filter by tag or built-in field.

I also want to save these dynamic lists

• Cristian Radu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't let go of Zoho CRM because of these vital search/filtering features missing from Base CRM, which otherwise is great CRM with a bright future ahead.

I'll keep checking in for updates.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed with all below. I created a field based on "# of employees" and would love/need to be able to sort by this field. Thanks

I'd also like to voice my vote for this - being able to filter companies/people by custom field is really important for us, as the tags option just isn't meeting our needs.

• Inhouse Group BDM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why not make custom options, instead of adding less useful (or too specific) filters like zip code and state etc?

Adding filter functionality with a custom choice of which field to filter by would be much more powerful and simplify the filtering options.

• hellomoto69us commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Should be able to filter AND sort by custom fields. We get thousands of leads and we can't properly process them if we can't sort and organize by custom fields.

• Jason Heltzer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd also like an ability to add custom fields to the deals/leads views as columns. So in addition to filtering, allowing sorting and listing of the custom fields as well (e.g., priority).

Why not let UCM
        take care of all contacts handling (filtering...) ? I think they also have great emailing capacity.
        Please provide a good two-way contacts sync with a Google Contacts group

I think this is a great app. I would even pay for it when it gets one enhancement - need the ability to add custom fields with a drop down menu of pre-determined choices (ie: drop down menu for lead source - our custom list of possible lead sources). You must then be able to include these fields in the selection filter (ie: filter for all the leads that originated from 'vanity fair ad', etc.). If you do this, your app will give Zoho and Salesforce a run for their money.

• Robbie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My marketing manager is stone walling Base as the CRM of choice without the ability to filter by custom fields.

Please put this at the top of your to do list!!

• Richard McBride commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Rafal,
        The option to exclude tags is also necessary, eg i want to see all my contacts who don't have a certain tag.
        an "And/Or" drop down choice would also be of great use when having multi tags. Eg those who live in WA or PA
        Thanks

• Bryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I have very many tags, then the drop down for tags on the search runs off the page and I can't scroll to the lower tags!!! Tried several browsers...same thing. Is this happening on the app versions too???

• Juliette commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,
        It would be great if we could filter by owner as well.
        Thanks
        Juliette

Please can you make custom fields searchable. Just had this system recommended and I like it a lot but would need this. Lovely app !

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base