How can we improve Base?

Mail Merge to create printed letters to customers

If I type a template letter and wish to merge it with say 500
customer/contact details.Then print the letters and mail them.

190 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AdminJosh Bean (Product Marketing Manager, Base CRM) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

24 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Keith L Stone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sad that the company does not even give a response. Have been using Base for quite awhile but looking to move.. not everyone is on email....

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still nothing on this? This would be an incredibly useful feature. Salesforce, Zoho, etc all have this feature.

• Steve Shelby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Super rediculous that we can't punch out a letter from a CRM. I could do that 10 years ago with ACT. I'm not creating new accounts in my Quickbooks for each lead, in order to get this. And keeping everything in XLS -and- Base is why I wanted an online integrated system. This thread keeps showing up my searches, because I am -still searching-

• John Wilker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't believe this still doesn't exist, even as a simple XLS export. My company sends cards to customers, speakers, etc quite often, guess I should've looked at this before signing up :(

• Tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been patiently waiting for this feature....long time waiting for what seems to be fairly popular request..
        What gives??

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Josh Bean- I see you posted this idea 6/20/12. I now see a more recent post below dated 3/14/15.
        Can you please provide an update on where this mail merge for letters and/or labels is at? Is it provided now somehow or STILL in the works?

This would be an incredibly handy feature. We run alot of mail campaigns mostly for current clients, and this is actually many times more effective for us than email.

Probably the worst thing about base is that it doesn't support mailmerge. I wish I could select contacts by a tag (eg 'xmas card list') and then just export the data I want (name and address). Some people still like post!

• John Schneider commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have to mail clients quotes sometimes. When I do, I'd like to easily write a letter and generate an envelope or mailing letter to them.

• D Napurano commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The first online CRM to successfully and elegantly integrate a Mac-friendly letter template and print template feature (for envelopes, labels, etc.) will win my business and undying gratitude, and the business of many of my clients.

• Taryn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being able to do mailing labels for a specific filter would be great too.

• Mark Radford commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This can be done by exporting to CSV, then merge in your document software of choice.
        Not so good for single contact though

• Tim Francisco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must for us. This is a show stopper. This is extremely basic functionality for a CRM. I don't know how you can call youself a CRM if you cannot customize correspondence.

• Julian Carrera commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This doesn't only have to apply to a large mail shot, it would be equally if not more useful to write to individual contacts.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base