How can we improve Sell?

Tasks/Deals/Contacts for multiple users!!! Multi Assign Data

We definitely have more than person working on a deal or task or being connected with a contact. We have to have either more than one user assigned to these or the choice to choose 'everyone' or create a 'container'-user with having single users to it.

This is really urgent as currently only one person is reminded and assigned to our projects.

As well it'd be very clever to able to assign one person to more than company (freelancers)!

648 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jerome shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
completed  ·  Adminsupport-team (Admin, Base CRM) responded  · 

Hello everyone!

Thanks for your feedback, we really appreciate it! We had previously released a feature called “Collaboration” that should give you the ability to add other users onto a Lead, Contact, or a Deal.

Here’s a quick guide as a reference – https://support.getbase.com/hc/en-us/articles/203868945-How-Do-I-Collaborate-with-My-Team.

If you do have any questions, please feel free to reach out to support@getbase.com.

Best,
Jo-Anne

46 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Clayton Daley III commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 @Ollie. I've had the EXACT same response on several occasions. I really like Base, but if they want to attract and retain customers, they need to address the substance of customer concerns. Otherwise, closing a thread is like saying "tough luck... not only aren't we fixing your issue... we think so little of it that we're not even tracking it anymore".

• Ollie Brindley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously? That's your answer? Have you bothered to read all the comments below - if you had then you'd know that collaborate isn't fit for purpose for this because it only functions on contacts that the user has existing permission to see ie. They are a manager of have all contact access.

This is quite clearly NOT Completed and this response after two years of no response is pretty pathetic and says a lot about how Base actually listen to their customers.

• Oliver Brindley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When is this coming or at least being addressed? It's appalling that you haven't given an update on this for nearly two years. At least do your paying customers the courtesy of responding.

Please can we have an update on this? You say you've re-evaluated but that's over a year ago - what's the plan?

• Mishal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wasn't this SOLVED already? It seems that with the implementation of the "collaborators" feature, that this would be resolved - No?

• Daniel Benoit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think a simple way to implement this would be to use a form similar to or the same form as Appointments on which you can add multiple relationships.

As all have said, this is widely need at the Task and I think we are in fact entitled to an update as to the progress of this idea...

As far as I can see, much of this could be sorted by making the Collaborator feature function in a sensible way. Currently the only people who can collaborate are those that can already see the contact/account/deal, which basically means people who have All Contact/Account access or are Managers. And of these, only Managers can have access to Deals, which is rather painful. That whole process just seems a bit wrong - I can barely see the value of the Collaboration feature within its current parameters.

If the Collaborator permissions can sit above the user access level then I believe that would solve a lot, allowing users to simply invite anyone they need to to view any Contact/Account/Deal, which is exactly how you'd expect it to work.

any further update on this? I'm setting up Base for our sales team now and this really is a fundamental issue for us. I'm really struggling to find an elegant way around this at the moment and not coming up with anything that isn't hugely compromising in one way or another.

As well as the issue with duplicate contacts, even if I give users All Contacts and All Accounts access they still can't see other users' deals, which is very frustrating. I think I'm going to have to make everyone Managers which is just daft. This all or nothing approach also means that their stream and contacts are filled up with huge amounts of information that has no relevance and often we'd rather they didn't have access to, as well as making the whole view of it rather unfocused.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am currently evaluating multiple CRM solutions and I have liked Base most so far. Unfortunately lack of this elementary security feature or even a way to go around it (ex. ability to add users as colaborators to make oportunity visible to them or multi assignment, multi-way grouping etc.) will likely be a blocker which will eliminate Base from the run. Pitty.

• Nick Karrasch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The inability to see communication on a deal from other team members, as many people have mentioned, is such a basic CRM feature. This is causing us massive headaches and causing problems with team members not being in the loop. I would never have switched to Base if I had known this basic feature did not exist. Some kind of fix is needed extremely urgently.

Perhaps simply allow Managers or Admin Users to be able to see all communication. This is a simple solution that could be enabled now while you figure out the broader implementation.

Guys how much longer do we need to wait for this now? AS per all the other comments this is critical and actually rendering Base totally useless for us. It goes against the grain of making CRM easier - its actually making our lives harder as we have to check offline what threads people have seen or not seen and whether tasks have been seen or followed up on.

Seriously disappointing for what appears on the surface to be an excellent app

• Quinn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Honestly, I need to switch systems because this isnt a feature. It is literally the most basic feature a CRM system needs.

I agree Base - you said three months in a comment back in October - this is the second most voted improvement needed in the entire platform - and you've gone silent.

Your customers deserve better!

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base