How can we improve Sell?

Option to upload a picture for contacts

Some contacts do not have a Twitter or Gravatar account. It would be nice to be able to upload a picture for contacts as well.

698 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
AdminJosh Bean (Product Marketing Manager, Base CRM) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
completed  ·  Rafal Ociepa responded  · 

Hi all,

Thanks for all your votes and feedback!
I’m happy to say you can now put a face to the name – we’re automatically pulling photos from the social media profiles you provide for your contacts (i.e. Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Skype).
You can read more about this on our blog at http://blog.getbase.com/add-a-face-to-the-name-base-avatars.
I’ve also opened a new idea for the option to upload a file, to let us track support for that specific suggestion – http://futuresimple.uservoice.com/forums/109313-base-ideas/suggestions/6038701.

Thanks, and all the best,

76 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hmm. I don't see this working or see the option that I can find. Has this been developed?

• Cherry Vanderbeke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this going to be implemented soon? It seems a glaring omission that a contact database has no way to upload a photo of your key contacts!

• Cherry Vanderbeke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this going to be implemented? It seems crazy that a contact database like Base does not allow you to upload and store a photo of your key contacts!

• CB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having a picture for each contacts is really important as we get older.
    Can we get an option to upload a jpg picture for clients who are not on Social Media?

For businesses with long term ongoing relationships with contacts, the ability to add a photo from your own photo library or cell camera is a must. I work in the insurance industry and have hundreds of policyholders. It's useless to me to have to pull pictures from Linkedin or Facebook. I sign people up and take their picture on the spot. Please please fix this glaring omission from an otherwise extraordinary product.

• Brian Watesr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a B2B company, the majority of our contacts are on LinkedIn, not other social media sites. It would great if we could add our own pictures or if you could pull their pictures directly from LinkedIn when we sync that field to their profile.

• Shannon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love Base. Having the option to upload an image of an account contact would make Base 100x better. I don't have connections with my contacts through social media so without the option to upload an image, I can't put a face to the name of my accounts.
    PLEASE add this feature! Thanks :)

• Joseph Rooks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make changing images via link possible, so I can find a photo of my contact on the web and just copy and paste a link to it instead of having to download the file, hit "Edit", hit "Upload," then browse to the file and upload it. That's just too tedious and this is a part of the user experience that CRMs almost never pay attention to.

Some of the profile pictures Base is automatically pulling in aren't useful to me, and I want to be able to customize exactly what I see in the contact view and guarantee its consistency regardless of what they set their profile photos or gravatars to.

• Rene' Martan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great job! The pictures could be just a little bigger in the upper left corner, at least 2x2 or 3x3 cm. The circle image is too small in my opinion. There is all space we want to place it bigger.
    Hope to see soon the possibility to add an specify picture of contact or company from PC, because some contacts prefers to put different and sometimes strange pictures, instead of his own face.
    Thanks

• Akrom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The only feature missing from otherwise a great product! Most of my clients don't use social media.

• Tera Tarbet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am not going to choose your CRM because my sales base pics will come from the company websites that I download and then upload into a CRM system. Vtiger and Zoho have you guys beat on that feature.

• michael mason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

better than bothering with saving photos to the computer and then uploading it, let the mobile app be capable of taking the photo from the contact and it's automatically attached to the contact and then syncs with the computer version

I like Base a lot, but the missing possibility to add photos of my contacts is disturbing. One of the few flaws that I've found in this excellent product.

• Jace commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with the other commenters. Having the option upload photos is a "must have" alternative to pulling from social media. Better yet, make sure that photos sync to Google Contacts and Xero. I don't know about others, but Base is now the center of my contacts universe.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base