How can we improve Base?

Be able to add custom stage at any point in cycle, not just sales stage.

Add stages such as "Work In Progress" and "Job Complete" after the "Won" stage. The sale is not fully complete until the product is delivered (not just a contract signing) so I would like to be able to see which of my clients still have outstanding work so that I can follow up with them and see if there is anything I can do to expedite the process. It is also a good feeling to be able to see the complete jobs and know that you finished something.

681 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Paul Roberts shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Adminmark.stagi (Admin, Base CRM) responded  · 

Great news everyone! You can now have an unlimited amount of sales stages in your sales pipeline. We’ve also added the ability to insert a new sales stage in the middle of your sales pipeline. So if our limit on sales stages was cramping your style, jump into the Base settings and add the sales stages you need to get your sales process in order.

Check out more info on our Help Center here:
    https://support.getbase.com/hc/en-us/articles/205676835-Unlimited-Sales-Pipeline-Stages

UPDATE: We are also working on adding multiple sales pipeline so after the won status you can have a new pipeline for things to flow through.

39 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+3 I think this is a huge issue as we have ongoing contracts with clients and one off contracts, being able to sort through the completed deals and the WIP deals is critical, right now we are using the tags as a work around but it is not working well.

• Jason Tremblay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great feature! Once a deal is won, we still have a handful of deal closing stages as we deliver services. The client portal in Base would be AWESOME for seeing a deal through to it's fulfillment after signing, but only if I could move the deal through a few custom post-win stages.

• Josh Buesking commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I came here to suggest this. Great product here but would love to be able to have an option to customize stages after awarded.

• Evan Patronik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We want to be able to use Base for complete customer lifecycle, but right now everything stops after deal is “closed”; our product and service are simple, so we don’t need to use it like a project management tool, but our “sale” does not stop after the payment is secured. The way it’s set up right now, the closure and what that closure is (win, lose, unqualified) are the end all be all for the sale. I think that’s rather old-world sales thinking and it doesn’t speak well for the way you guys think of sales (not saying this is how you view it, but that’s the impression it gives). In this day and age, customer service and a relationship AFTER they plunk down the coinage is what truly indicates how successful you will be and I don’t think the current stage setup allows for that.

I'm aware it's always more difficult to code and program then I believe it to be, but this is pretty essential to your customer's unique sales needs. Nick Karrasch below obviously will need a different sales pipeline than I will, and it's a little frustrating to have little customization for something so essentially unique for each client. Let's at least get a comment from a Base staff member for a suggestion with 522 votes.

Hi I agree that more stages are needed for a deal. for my business we sell an initial product that has an ongoing fee. we then up-sell add-ons and other features so definetely dont consider a deal "done" once it hits the "won" stage

This is the most simple and obvious idea? Why do we need to bring it to the attention of Future Simple?

• Ryan B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should be a no brainer. Having to recreate the list is somewhat silly. No?

• Amit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to sincerely appreciate the effort that has been put by the Base team to make a CRM this amazing. Keep up the great work!
        I would definitely vote for this feature as this would give us the flexibility to optimise the sales and post sales process. Hope to see this coming soon.

• Jason Heltzer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Renaming (as suggested in the help) doesn't help since we have many deals assigned to various stages. We want to insert a new stage between existing stages that have existing deals associated to them.

I think customization is key. For us, we need fewer stages. From Lead to Customer, period. Would like the ability to delete all of the other phases.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base