How can we improve Base?

Function to add comments/notes to tasks

The ability to add comments to tasks could help build a more useful history. The progress made towards each task could then be recorded in a relevant and easy to find place.

For example, I may have a 'task' to work with a supplier to develop a business case for a client as one element of a 'deal', setting the task up and then being able to record progress would be very useful.

335 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

26 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1. This is our one holdup for subscribing to Base. Also, would like to be able to assign the task to multiple people and for the assignee to still see the task in their dashboard until completed.

• Johan Hedman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree this is an important additional feature, as a task is possibly not completed in one go. If by adding comments to the task also adding a progress bar (0,25, 75 & Ready) is more than enough would help - especially if you are more than one to serving a project or a customer. I would propose a blog like / Twitter like approach for short note and with radio buttons for the task progress.

• Wictor Arraes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

IT NEEDS A VERY IMPORTANTE TOOL... projects and tasks management, reminders and push notifications. Funny that it looks like they have the system pretty much ready with tasks due dates and assignment, tags for contacts and deals but it is missing the capacity of add comments, collaborate with teams and push notification for tasks e events due dates and actions from our team.

Hope they're working on these things to make it PERFECT CRM for all size companies.

-Push notifications
        -Add comments into a task
        -Actions log on tasks, contacts and deals
        -Project management and collaboration
        -Subtasks
        -Add followers
        -Add tags on tasks and projects
        -Workflow reports

• Mike Ziemski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Don't add "notes" to confuse the terminology. Add "comments" to tasks. Notes should stay with the contact if they're permanent, as notes added to deals go with the deals and don't roll up to contacts.

• Mario commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it would usefull for me too! since base doesn't handle cases. i need to specify some more details in my task to use it as cases.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base