How can we improve Sell?

Would like to have a follow up option for contacts

is it possible to add a follow up action field for all contacts. this would eliminate the extra step of adding a task.

535 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Andy Jones shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Adminsupport-team (Admin, Base CRM) responded  · 

Hi all!

We’ve got some great news here. We just released our Communication Smart List which will help with this :)

This will allow you to pull in “last touch” fields that will let you see the last time you sent the Contact an email or the last time you may have called them. From there, you can sort on the greatest amount of time between communication between you and the Contact and see who you need to reach out to first! Here’s a guide on Communication Smart Lists for more information – https://support.getbase.com/hc/en-us/articles/206147136

Have a great weekend!

19 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Clayton Daley III commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That's a helpful feature but __VERY MUCH NOT__ the substance of this request. Consider two customers A & B. I talked to both of them on Monday (1 week ago).

- Customer A says "I have a meeting to discuss this on Thursday".
        - Customer B says "we have a meeting to approve budget in 30 days".

Your new feature tells me both of these people are equally urgent. What I want (and need) is to know that I'm overdue to call customer A and in no hurry to call Customer B.

• Jen B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, definitely. It's so easy to forget about the follow up. Please add this feature.

• Paul Pritchard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Perhaps a way to schedule follow up after making phone call? E.g. select voicemail left; then click follow up to call back a day or two later

• Michael Vila commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, Top Producer calls it Follow-Up Coach, and Contactually calls it Remind Me Follow Up. Where the user can assign when they want to follow up with each type of contact. Maybe in Leads the ability to assign follow up intervals like ever 1 day for New leads, and every 3 days for leads we are Working. Or maybe create a field called Follow-Up and let us assign a follow up interval for each customer, every 1 day, 2 days, 7 days, etc. Then the follow up would show in the Dashboard, and have quick buttons to either SKIP, SNOOZE, or CHANGE INTERVAL.

• Chris Power commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Follow up option would be awesome! I am currently using it as a stage in my pipeline and then assigning an appointment only to myself to follow up. A bit of a long workflow that could be shortened.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. For me this would prevent having to double-up on data entry. It would be great if you could add a task with a reminder to a contact's notes.

For example... when you create a note for a contact...

"Good meeting with Joe Blogs, expressed in interest in products A and B. Follow up in 2 days".

You could also add a task to that note...

"Follow up phone call - <DATE>", Set reminder <TIME>

• Wictor Arraes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

IT NEEDS A VERY IMPORTANTE TOOL... projects and tasks management, reminders and push notifications. Funny that it looks like they have the system pretty much ready with tasks due dates and assignment, tags for contacts and deals but it is missing the capacity of add comments, collaborate with teams and push notification for tasks e events due dates and actions from our team.

Hope they're working on these things to make it PERFECT CRM for all size companies.

-Push notifications
        -Add comments into a task
        -Actions log on tasks, contacts and deals
        -Project management and collaboration
        -Subtasks
        -Add followers
        -Add tags on tasks and projects
        -Workflow reports

• Party Lunatics commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its not about clutter... Its about having important information organized, specially in google calendar.

• Asko Kauppi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've taken into the habit of creating 'open' or 'followup' tasks just for this (i.e. nothing more in their title). Seems to work. However, it also proves the point that this is a valid use case.

In a way, it might make sense to keep these separate from tasks - they are different in nature and I might want to do many follow-ups in a row. Then again, I can do all that already now.

I second Anthony in not wanting the nice Base UI to get cluttered!

• John Alexander commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Im constantly trying to keep track of Prospects and Clients. I deal with new prospects every day many of them have expressed interest but request a follow ups. In a different manner, I also stop in and contact existing clients, setting follow up notifications for days/weeks/months would be very helpful.

• Anthony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hmm, I agree that a follow up button would be nice, but how is this different than, let's say, a special 'call' task with a date?

I'm asking this, because this is some other feature request. Personally I don't like to many options as they clutter the screen and Base is now so easy on the eyes :)

• Gene Austin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Better yet, if you could generate a followup action reminder via a dropdown menu with user customizable timeframe options (i.e. Tomorrow, in 2 days, in 7 days, in 30 days) and to choose between action types (call, email, etc.)

• peter katsabiris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely! A follow-up/call-back tick box on the contact page where you assign a date would be brilliant.

• Nate Howland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree! Being able to easily filter contacts for follow up is needed. By either setting a follow up action or by filtering on the presence or absence of activity on the contact within a certain number of days (i.e. show only contacts with no activity in the past 30 days, etc.)

Feedback and Knowledge Base