Zendesk Sell Ideas

Help us make Base better. Share your thoughts, ideas, and feature requests with us.

How can we improve Sell?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Being able to include attachments

It would be great to allow for attachments to the CRM. Especially if your sole purpose to obtain sales. Part of the sales process requires uploading quotes, documents etc.

172 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    completed  ·  10 comments  ·  Document Repository  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. web form

I would like to be able to customize forms from within Base CRM - prhaps just show us the right HTML.

I would like to be able to add tags or custom fields to my online forms - as hidden fields - so that I can tell where leads came from and also add contacts to mailchimp lists based on those criteria (using Zapier or from within Base).

I suggest these would be easy if we can edit the form's html....

163 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Web Form  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone!

Thanks for the feedback here, we really appreciate it! While users aren’t able to customize their lead capture form within Base there are two ways of doing so via alternate means, which I’ll outline for you below.

1.If Base Lead Capture Form is not enough for you then creating custom lead capture forms using Wufoo forms can be a way to go. We understand users may want to customize things even further and as such we offer integration with Wufoo forms and this can readily be overlaid on your Base account.

2. It is also possible to create a Lead Capture Form using our API, which can be accessed here and allows for complete customization.

Please reach out to support@getbase.com if you’d like more information!

Best,
    Jo-Anne

3. Ability to export a subset of the database based on search results

Rather than exporting the entire database, I'd like to export only those records that are selected by a particular search.

160 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    36 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Rafal Ociepa responded

Hi all,

Thanks for your support!
    I’m happy to say that you can export your custom smart lists for leads and deals, with contacts coming soon.

Thank you for your feedback!

4. Goals & Targets

I would love to be able to set quarterly and annual goals for users (therefore creating team quarterly and company goals) and then be able to get information about either how someone is tracking by quarter/year and/or the team in total.

157 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Sales Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    Goals are now available under our Mega plan. Thanks for your support for this idea.

5. Google Drive support

So now that Google just released Google Drive, would it make sense integrate it into Base?

157 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  16 comments  ·  Document Repository  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Map out contacts in Google Maps

It would be cool to have the ability to map out different contacts on Google Maps. For example select 5 contacts on the contact list, click "send to map" and then see each contact plotted on a Google Map.

It would also be nice to set a location and see which of your contacts are close to your current location.

140 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Visits  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

In the web version of Base, clicking on the address will show the lead’s/contact’s location in Google Maps.
    In our mobile apps, you can use our advanced geolocation mapping and filtering (including by distance).
    To maintain clarity in the board, I created a separate idea for mapping multiple contacts on the web (http://glurl.co/dmI) – we’d love to see your support there, too.

Thanks for the feedback!

7. Change owner of a contact

Ability to change the owner of a contact

134 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Office365 Integration for Email, Contacts and Calendar

With over 2 Million subscribers to Office365.com's email, contact and calendaring capability, this should rise up on your priority list. Integration with Outlook is fine, but only works on a PC, so integrating contacts with O365 would remove dependence on a PC. Live your Post-PC era CRM message!

128 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  12 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I wish Graphs/Reports were clickable

I wish I could click on the graphs in reports. I feel like I should be able to click on the numbers and it should pull up list of jobs. We are just starting with Base, but I know this will be HUGE when we start to get a lot of job and we want to be able to see what's out there in our pipeline and where. Those numbers on the graphs just tease me to click on them cause I know a graph of statistics where can drill down to see who is part of that statistic or…

116 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. More permission options. More roles then just admin or user

Permission options to allow 'users' to see all other deals/contacts/clients would be good - making everyone an 'admin' isn't feasible for us

112 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Setup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Ability to mentions collaborator inside the deal's notes

It is common to ask collaborator for updates or questions about the sales, but sometimes the collaborator doest'n see the question on the deals note. It would be great to mention other users in other to follow the sales through the pipeline.

112 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Collaboration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Can we have a set of tasks that automatically gets added to every deal?

We have several stages to our sales process and many of those stages require emails to be sent, or phone calls to be made. (We always email testimonials to every new lead, we always confirm each meeting, we always review the website before our face-to-face meeting).

It would be really great if we didn't have to add the same ol' tasks manually for every new deal.

Thank you. This is a great product.

103 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Szymon responded

You can create Automated Actions to streamline your workflow in Base. Are their tasks you would like to create every time you add a contact? Do you want to assign new tasks to your team when a deal moves stages? With Automated Actions this is possible. Please remember Automated Actions is a premium feature

13. Integration with MailChimp

Create integration with MailChimp API so users can see mailing lists that each contact belongs to.

This would help to monitor what messages are being sent to whom and prevent email overload for potential and existing clients.

97 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Multiple personal email addresses

In my industry (film & TV) people often both have company and personal email addresses they use since employment often is very temporary. I'd like to be able to register more than one email address so if I forward an email into Base, it recognize more than one address.

95 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Email  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    I’m happy to let you know that you can add your contacts’ additional email addresses as custom fields, and email to and from those addresses, including forwarding.

Thanks for your feedback, and for contributing to make Base better still!

All the best,

15. Forward emails to Base using Google Apps

Send an email straight into Base from Google by clicking a button "add message to deal" in the Google App

90 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Email  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Today we released an update for the Base Google App. It now includes a button that forwards emails to your Base account. You can learn more about this update here: https://getbase.com/blog/base-for-google-apps-update

I’d like to thank everyone who took the time to vote and provide feedback for this feature. I hope you enjoy the new Google App. Please do not forget to rate the app if you find it helpful.

Thanks,
    Josh

16. More options for contact sorting

Sort by location, last contacted.

87 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Spreadsheet view of database for Admins

I find there are times when I'd like to be able to do bulk editing on the database. This is easiest to do in spreadsheet view with filtering, sorting, etc...The only way to do this is to export, make the adjustments, then re-import. The problem is re-importing creates contact duplicates. You can merge of course, but then it screws with the custom Tags I've created. Exporting, creates CSV files for your database. It would be great to access a pseudo "CSV view" (perhaps for Admins only) to be able to make bulk changes to contacts easily.

87 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Interface improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This functionality is now avaliable with our Smart Lists functionality. With regards to batch editing this is something we are looking to introduce in the coming months and this request currently exists on an alternate UserVoice post.

If you do have any questions, please feel free to reach out to support@getbase.com.

Regards,

Base Support

18. Merging contacts

When importing from different sources I find I have multiple entries for the same contacts. I would like to have a possibility to merge contacts in Base

84 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  14 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Multiple Currencies

We have deals in several different currencies - it would be great to be able to set the currency per deal - and then have it converted to master currency in reports, overview etc.

83 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Sales Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

You can now select currencies on a per-deal basis.

You can find a detailed description in our knowledge base (http://glurl.co/d2V).

Thanks for your feedback and support, it’s really valuable to us!

20. Add Product/Service Field

Hi,

We need to have some sorts of fields that you can already introduce the product or service we are selling and the price so that we can obtain deal values faster. Thanks and we are having a good time using base

83 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  7 comments  ·  Sales Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Zendesk Sell Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base