Zendesk Sell Ideas

Help us make Base better. Share your thoughts, ideas, and feature requests with us.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Can I have a set of automatic to-do's for each stage in the deal pipeline?

These to-do's would be the same for every deal but different for each stage. Once someone moves a deal to that stage, they'd see and know. Ok, this is what I need to do now and will help me from letting things slip through the cracks. Unlimited stages would do this also but since that's not possible, this is my work around. Thoughts from everybody?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Sales Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Filter by date

I want to be able to filter by dates

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  CRM related ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Reporting on Tasks

It would be fantastic to be able to report on tasks. I'm not sure why you can't as they are so fundamental to running a sales team. For example, you could run a report on all tasks 'not completed' called 'Contract Received' - to see which contracts still needed chasing, or 'Payment Received' to see which invoices needed to be chased etc.

If you could then filter the report by the deal owner, task owner and tasks that are 'completed' or 'uncompleted'. This would give an admin or sales support team a snapshot of everything that currently needed to be…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Voice  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Company Alias

It would be good if a company could be given an alias name as well as their official name so that they can still be found when using the quick search.

An example of this is PruHealth who now trade under VitalityHealth. Most people will still know them are Pru and would not search for Vitality. I would like to call them VitalityHealth in Base but will still be found when someone searches PruHealth

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Associate emails with deals

Idea: Associate emails with a deal in the communications center

When I click on the communications center, it allows me to view emails, but that's about it. I cannot find a way to associate those emails with a deal from the communications center. It would be great if Base allowed users to associate emails to deals from the communications center.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Email  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Rafal Ociepa responded

Hi,

Thanks for posting!
    You can associate emails with a deal (as shown here: http://take.ms/TI6yp) provided the email is to/from a contact who’s listed on the deal, and that it’s not older than the deal.

I hope this helps, and feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions!

7. More reports for paying users

If we are paying users, we deserve more report options. You are too limited vs other CRM systems, also we can't export our data.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Call Log: Manual Entry Detail

The functionality of logging calls with the app or while using the web interface is great. But if I have a call that doesn't get logged for some reason, the manual entry has no detail. For example I cannot log a call with a contact or lead and enter when it took place or for how long, deal association, etc. Whereas that info (and it is important) is being auto logged through the app.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Voice  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. sync calendar and reminders with iphone and ipad

sync calendar and reminders with iphone and ipad, so I can view and create my events and reminders on my iphone or base, and view, modify and create on eather of them

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  iOS Mobile Application  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for posting!
    You can display your tasks and appointments in the app, or set up Google Calendar to sync with your Base account – and add the relevant Google Account to your Calendars in iPad/iPhone.

I hope this helps!

Best regards,

10. Smart Lists for Contacts

I'd like to see the Smart List feature implemented for Contacts. (Currently it's only available for Deals.)

I find myself wanting to display a list of contacts that shows more information directly on the screen. Currently if I filter and sort by a custom field, it displays that information on the screen, but NOT if it's combined with other filters.

For example, if I sort by "monthly fee" (a custom field), it shows the monthly fee in the customer list. But if I then add a filter, such a tag, then the monthly fee is no longer shown in the…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. WHAT HAPPENED TO CALLL LOG?!?!?!

It was there, and now it's not. Has it been replaced? Is there a new feature? Please let me know. This list was very helpful and now it's not there.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Voice  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Remove Company as an essential field for Leads

In franchising, the franchise prospect normally does not have a company at the time of making an enquiry. Having to enter the Company as a compulsory field just means that everyone gets "Unknown" entered which is a pain and one extra data point entered.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Leads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Mark,

Thanks for posting!
    The Company field is not required – if you’re working with Leads who are primarily individuals, you can simply enter their first names and last names (though in that case, the last name is mandatory).

I hope this helps!

Best regards,

13. Not letting me add my Outlook hosted email account... need that to work

I just started testing this out... love everything that I've tested so far EXCEPT that your system isn't recognizing my Outlook hosted work email address and password.

If you can get this to work, I'm going to get a paid account for sure. Please help.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Outlook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Solomon,

Thanks for posting!
    Can I ask you to try the Other Service option when connecting your email? This will let you enter the server names and ports manually, and should let you connect.

You can also reach out to us at support (at) getbase.com – we’ll be happy to continue this conversation!

Thanks,

14. Email Conversations available to all as a permanent option

With a small sales team it would be nice to be able to have the option to make all Outlook email conversations available to everyone by default instead of manually changing it

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. comma versus point

Here in Europe we work different with the comma and point notations.
    € 5,000.00 is displayed as € 5.000,00
    I find it very confusing to see the point and comma notation different in the dashboard and reports etc. in Base
    It would be great not only to change your time format, but also the digit notation

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Quote Base

Tried to go to Quote Base and didn't see options to use it. Is this service still functioning? Can someone point me in the right direction? I couldn't even click on Help/Support. Am I missing something? Thanks in advance!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi!

Thanks for posting.
    While we’re no longer actively developing QuoteBase, it can be accessed at https://www.futuresimple.com/quotes/. You can use your Base login to access QuoteBase – provided your account is still eligible to use it.

I hope this helps!

Best regards,

17. Who opened my email?

I got a notification that "someone" opened an email, but unless I'm not adept I couldn't see any way to determine who that "someone" is. I can do this in Sidekick, but not here. Hmmm.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Email  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for posting!
    When there’s a single recipient of an email, we always indicate that it was the recipient who opened your message.
    For multiple recipients, we can only tell that someone’s opened the message, but we can’t reliably indicate a specific person there – and that’s also the way Sidekick does it.

Hope this helps, and thanks for your feedback!

Best regards,

18. call and text from IPad

From Ipad, due to availability of continuity and SMS relay... can text and call clients directly.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Text Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Activity Update To All Accounts

When you enter a Deal into your Sales Pipeline, Base asks to enter in a Contact associated with that Deal. It becomes quite cumbersome, when you have to toggle back and forth and keep track of information, when it is spread between three different areas (Deal, Contact, Lead) When I make a phone call to a contact, whom I have a deal with, that information should automatically populate with the deal, lead, and contact, since they're all associated. It becomes difficult when I have sales reps, calling accounts they spoke with a week prior, however in their deals screen, it…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Task clickthrough for contact information

I will set tasks that are call X peson to follow up. This is the best way to keep track of who you need to speak to. However when I hit the task on my mobile there is no way to get the contact information for the contact unless I have written in the task which is tedious or back out of the task to the contact also tedious.

Having the ability to click through the task to the contacts name so you can grab their contact information and then go back to the task to fill in notes or…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Cody,

Thanks for posting!
    In the Android app, you can longpress on a task to get the option to Go To Contact (or deal), while on iOS tapping on the task lets you navigate further to the related contact (or deal).

I hope this helps!

Best regards,

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base