Zendesk Sell Ideas

Help us make Base better. Share your thoughts, ideas, and feature requests with us.

How can we improve Sell?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Multiple Update of custom fields

It would be great to be able to select multiple contacts in contacts view and bulk update any field - be it default or custom field. We had this in Zoho and it was very useful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Country Default

Allow me to pick from a list of countries that I want to use. A majority of users are single country, and there should be a default.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to configure popup dialog boxes

When creating a new or modifying an existing person contact you can add a company through a popup dialog. This is useful but we find that a most of the time the fields in that popup are not actually what we want to add. This results in a rather cumbersome workflow having to first create the company through the popup, then save the new person and then go find the newly added company i order to add the desired fields (website, turnover, number of employees, etc.)

I would really love to be able to configure the fields displayed in the…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Custom Contact's Customer Status and Prospect Status

Add the ability to change the text for the Contact's Customer Status and Prospect Status? I need to change it so it makes sense to my users. So rather than say Customer, Past Customer, or Non Customer we need it to say Member, Past Member, or Non Member.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Stop adding fields when contacts are merged.

When merging contacts, it creates extra fields if the information doesn't match. A note in the contact should be sufficient. Merging contacts should not create extra fields.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add an address mode where you can view the contacts in a similar view to top producer, great for when sending mailers to clients!

It would be great if there was a separate mode of viewing contacts where addresses are all listed and you can quickly view addresses to send handwritten notes, mailers etc, without clicking on each contact to see the address.

Would love to see this implemented!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Company/Contact Addresses

Have a default setting for when company addresses are changed, it also changes the contacts automatically. At this point it has to be done manually.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make the option to have couples under one contact card

In certain industries, especially real estate we communicate to both a husband and wife in the transaction, ex.) if I could have the option to not just have 'John smith' but "Kelly Smiths" info and I can group them together under one card that would be an excellent feature.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Map Merged IDs To Final ID

When we merge a contact, the old ID doesn't map to the merged ID, which means that references to the old ID are now orphaned. Can you add a mapping table and an API hook please?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. make state and country auto respond to a standard setting

IM TIRED OF IMPUTTING MY SAME STATE AND COUNTRY EVERY TIME I ONLY WORK LOCALLY !!!!!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. subsidaries

It would be great to be able to link subsidiaries with General company accounts.

I.e. Bayer (the umbrella company) , Bayer Thai Co ltd, Bayer China Limited, Bayer Crops, Bayer Animal Health, Bayer Pharma, etch...some dealings are with the umbrella (but relevant for many of not all the subsidiaries - at least worth knowing about when going into meetings subsidiaries / with previously unknown subsidiaries.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Contact Info Smart Import

Create a Smart Import field to copy and paste all contact information from a person, an automatically locate fields like:

- Company
    - Email
    - Phone number
    - First Name - Last Name
    - Address
    - LinkedIn URL
    - Website
    - Etc.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Updating Address

When I update a physical address in a company profile, I should be given the option to have it update all contacts associated with that company.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Bulk add tasks

You should be able to select multiple contacts and bulk add tasks, appointments and deals in the one go instead of having to go through each contact individually which is very time consuming and inefficient.

For example, just say you want to revisit 10 clients in a particular suburb on a particular date to discuss a new product, you can filter your contacts by suburb, select all of them together and bulk add an appointment/task/deal for a set date.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Only have People under Contacts and have Company function as a subset with no e-mail field

Hi! We are organizing/tagging our Contacts to better our Marketing Dept and have a suggestion. It doesn't make sense that Contacts also include Companies and it is adding a lot to our lists with no e-mail associated with it. Is there a way to separate those two? Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ignore extra spaces when filtering contacts on State/City

When filtering contacts by State or City, it would be helpful if your filtering algorithm trimmed any leading/trailing spaces from State/City fields.

We've imported a large lits of contacts from various sources and sometimes State or City names have a leading or trailing space which makes it harder to filter by.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please, Please, Please: Mass Conversion of Contacts/Leads to Customers and Vice-Versa!!!

In other words, I filter contacts; then select all; then change from contact to customers. This is **critical** when importing, as right now, I have to manually change 134 imported contacts from "contact" to customer ONE AT A TIME. :-( Such a function would also prove helpful when you have 5 influencers and two decision-makers at a company who are all leads, and you want to add to a mailing list, but you need to make them customers first.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Work history

If you are using base for a long time, you probably noticed that people change companies. It would be great to handle such a change in base in a greaceful way.

Most of my contacts switch from one company to other and still are my clients. Rarely people switch industry.

I would like to mark, that from now on, person A does not work for X cork, but for Y corp. All the communication logged in base should be preserved.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for your support!
    I’m happy to say that this functionality has now been released via Smart Lists!

Regards,

Base Support

20. Multiple email addresses per contact should sync to Google Contacts

Adding multiple emails per contact needs to be implemented in a way that is both intuitiveand syncs with Google contacts.

The current implimention of using custom fields seems to fail on a number of points. Extra email addresses don't sunc to google. Mail addressed to the other addresses is not added to the contact.

This really is a major issue for us in wanting to use Base as the source of all business contact data.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Rafal Ociepa responded

Thanks for posting!

While the Google Contacts Integration currently supports the main email address for each contact, you can use email-type custom fields to add multiple email addresses per each contact or lead. These are recognized in the same way as the main address – you can send emails to them, and messages from those addresses will be visible on the contact’s page.

I hope this helps!

Best regards,

• Don't see your idea?

Zendesk Sell Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base