Base Ideas

Help us make Base better. Share your thoughts, ideas, and feature requests with us.

How can we improve Base?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Monthly Recurring Revenue vs. Non Recurring Revenue

Would be great if you could classify sales revenue as recurring or non-recurring revenue.

997 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      90 comments  ·  Sales Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re happy to say that recurring revenue is coming to Base!

We’ve listened to your feedback and taken the suggestions on board for this functionality and are scheduled to begin work on recurring revenue in the coming weeks.

Naturally we’ll let you know once this is underway and will keep you updated throughout the process.

Regards,

Base Support

• Support for Commission Based Sales Pipelines as % of Total Sales

Field: Commercial Real Estate

I would like to be able to track total sales/leasing volume AND my commission volume. As it stands, I have to choose one or the other as the "Deal Value." In an ideal implementation the user would set the transaction value first, and then either the commission amount and or the percentage next, and the third variable would calculate automatically. The dashboard would show both sales and commission volume and the same would be reflected in the reporting.

This applies to many field based sales roles beyond commercial real estate, as well.

274 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        5 comments  ·  Sales Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Different Deal Types (and different automation templates)

There are a few different types of deals we have and it would be useful to have either different automation templates or perhaps different deal types.

72 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          3 comments  ·  Sales Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • automated actions

It would be really great to extend automated actions. At present, you can create a task on a range of trigger events, which is useful, but it would also be useful to offer two more options:

Notifications - it would be really useful to issue a notification or send an email based on a trigger event (for example I want to send our project manager a notification of some sort to say a deal is signed off)

Update fields (especially custom fields) - for example, on a won sale I might want to change the owner of the account from…

51 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            4 comments  ·  Sales Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Communication (emails, phone calls, notes) should transfer from a Lead when converted to a Deal

Currently when you convert a Lead to a deal all of the emails, phone calls and notes from the Lead disappear. They should automatically, or there should at least be the option, for them to be transferred to the new Deal, rather than the Deal having a completely blank history.

38 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              4 comments  ·  Sales Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              started  ·  Rafal Ociepa responded

Hi Nick, all

Thanks for posting!
              When you convert a lead and opt to create a deal, the activity history is divided between the deal and the contact, in the following way:
              notes are assigned to the deal, to make it easy to track the history in the deal;
              emails are assigned to the contact – and emails newer than the deal will be visible in the deal, too;
              calls are assigned to both contact and deal.

If that’s not the case for you, please contact us at support, and we’ll be happy to check things out.

Thanks, and best regards,

• add ability to track activity based metrics like meetings/wk or contacts(calls/email)/wk

it would be very helpful to setup activity goals such as contacts/wk (i.e. calls or emails sent per week) and meetings per week.

21 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                0 comments  ·  Sales Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Description to deals

As you already know, deals in the real world need explanation. In base we normally put in the deal or project name. However, there are times when a description is needed to explain the deal further. I would like to propose that along with the deal, the description and tasks also are displayed.

20 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  2 comments  ·  Sales Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks a lot for using Base and for sending this feedback our way! I believe you
                  could consider using Deal’s Notes to keep the description (as already sugested). Alternatively you can add a Custom Field to your Deals (paragraph type). You can learn more about creating custom fields in following support article: https://support.getbase.com/hc/en-us/articles/204939085-Creating-custom-fields-in-Base

Tasks are already displayed on Deal’s card. You can find them on right hand sidebar.

Best Regards,
                  Base Support Team

• Ability to change dates on all items

A big issue we have is sometimes when we're busy the details on a lead may not be completed until a week later for instance. If this occurs after the end of a month, marking a sale as won means it is recorded in the new/wrong month. It also means any notes go in with the wrong date. It would be ideal to allow us to change the dates on notes and the date won. Thanks

Matt

15 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    5 comments  ·  Sales Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Allow 'Won' deals to be divided over multiple months

If one of my sales team makes a sale for £12,000 but the client wants to spread their payments over 12 months at £1,000 per month, it would be very useful for Base to allow this to be accounted for - so that Sales Revenue totals are accurate. This also means my sales team can accurately see their 'actual' sales for a given month, and can also avoid having to manually add in the 'Won' sale for the other 11 months of the year.

I imagine it would make most sense to have some sort of tickbox as part of…

14 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      1 comment  ·  Sales Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Deal associated name in sales pipeline Personal vs. Company

Currently when you put a deal in the sales pipeline the associated name shown in the pipeline defaults to the contacts/clients company name.

It would be nice to pick if you want the companies name or clients name to show up as the associated name in the sales pipeline.

If I have two clients who work for the same company in my pipeline it becomes difficult to distinguish what deal belongs to who.

There is a work around for this (like creating a custom field) but it effects the track ability of the contacts.

11 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • Add VAT field

In Sweden, all persons and companies (including temporary persons) got unique personal identification numbers and they're used in all systems like insurance companies, tax system, health care, deals, etc, and I need to keep track of them for invoices etc.

10 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Allow Admin / Sales Team Leader to see "days since last communication" for all users

We set up Smart Lists for specific categories (hunt lists), and assign contacts to our sales reps. I want to see what kind of progress we're making with the hunt lists, but when I add "Days since last communication" column to the smart list, it auto-filters for just ME. I'm the admin / sales team manager. I want to see everyone's days since last communication. How can I see that? This is very important.

10 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • Show contact details Deal card, Deal Smart List and export file

Displaying the primary Contact's details such as address and Deal Smart List on Deal card, Deal Smart List and export file

7 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • Have COMPANY as the "Lead" & "Deal"

We sell one big program to our CLIENTS (companies) and talk to multiple people within the company but they are not really our "leads" they are just contacts. The company is the lead and the deal is the big program. Wondering if this is a possibility? It seems like other CRM's we use company name as the lead, I really enjoy BASECRM but the company, contacts, leads and deals are a bit confusing compared to other CRM's in my opinion.

6 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Display Contact information on the Deal card

Display Contact information such as address and contact number on the Deal card and Deal Smart List

6 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • Daily Journal & Contact Links

It would be nice to have a blank notes section where someone who wears a lot of "hats" can quickly type notes into one page to stay organized. While this function would be primarily for general non-specific notes that can be saved by date, the ability to reference a Contact Name within the note that would automatically transfer that specific paragraph to the notes of that particular contact would be useful. A supervisor would then be able to read the journal entries of that particular day to track sales progress that isn't dollar-specific.

6 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • Customising Closed Stage

Is it possible to customise the amount of Closed-stages that represent the result of our customer journey. Now there is 'Won - Unqualified - Lost' set up as a standard... I would like to add more stages in the Closed-stage. (e.g.: Qualified not yet ready - On hold - ....)
                                    I do not mean adding an extra stage in the pipeline, because that will interfere the 'win likelihoord %'.

4 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Add Quoting , SKU, descriptions, customized quoting templates

Seamlessly integrate quoting , SKU, price lists and export/email to customers a quote

4 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Add more currencies

The currency I was using Ethiopian Birr (ETB) is missing after I update the app.

3 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • Signing contracts Electronically.

It would be a great tool if we can get our contracts signed electronically in base, it will save time printing and scanning them back to client and also for client to print and scan. Sometimes clients doesn't have printer handy and it delays the process of finalising. It saves everyone time and helps increasing productivity.

3 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          ← Previous 1
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base